Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Update issue
06-14-19, 06:46 PM (This post was last modified: 06-18-19 02:41 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Update issue
Hi I how’ve an Axiom 12 and Quantum 2 radar the both have supposedly the latest software. I wanted to be sure so I was intending to rediwnload the software Quantum first the Axiom as I have had problem with Quantum after leaving dock for about 2 hrs.
When I try to reinstall update via WiFi I s always get message some updates failed.
I then tried vis a SD card formatted as fat32 tied with ISO file in root it comes back no updates found. Also tried with just Quantum update on another SD card same issue.

Is this normal, is there any way to reinstall updates if the already exist
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-18-19, 02:40 PM (This post was last modified: 06-19-19 08:41 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Update issue
E.hatch2086,

Please click here to view a thread in which I had recently addressed this subject. If following the downgrade to LH3 v3.8.105, update to the radome software, and then subsequent update to LH3 v3.9.46 the problem continues to persist, then it would be recommended that a Power ON Reset be performed to the system's MFDs. Should a problem be reported with the Quantum radome thereafter, then please click here to view a FAQ addressing how to troubleshoot/fault isolate the problem with the Quantum radome and recommended action to be taken if a fault has been found within the Quantum radome.
06-18-19, 04:14 PM (This post was last modified: 06-19-19 08:41 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
If I have installed the latest version of software and install a SD card with an older version on it will it allow me to see the older version to update to ?

I ask this as I have not been able to install the software from micoSD card it comes back and says no new updates.

Also when you do the Reset does that do anything to the software does it revert it to the original supplied software version?
06-19-19, 09:51 AM
E.hatch2086,

Q1. If I have installed the latest version of software and install a SD card with an older version on it will it allow me to see the older version to update to ?
A1. Yes ... but only for LightHouse 3 software. LightHouse II software downgrades are performed by inserting the microSD memory card into the MFD's memory card reader prior to powering the MFD ON.

Q2. I ask this as I have not been able to install the software from micoSD card it comes back and says no new updates.
A2. The most common cause for the reported issue is that the software file has been downloaded previously, resulting in a slight name change. For example, the LH3 v3.8.105 file for Axiom MFDs which may be downloaded from LightHouse 3 for Axiom MFDs software update web page is named raymarine_axiom-3.8.105.upgrade.iso. Subsequent downloads will result in the additionally downloaded files to be named raymarine_axiom-3.8.105.upgrade (x).iso (where x is the iteration; raymarine_axiom-3.8.105.upgrade (1).iso, raymarine_axiom-3.8.105.upgrade (2).iso, etc.). Please note that the MFD will not recognize any names other than raymarine_axiom-3.8.105.upgrade.iso. I have been unable to downgrade eS-Series MFDs running LH3 v3.9.46 via a memory card within the eS-Series MFD's reader. The software within the eS-Series MFDs may only be downgraded to an earlier version of LH3 software via a networked Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFD.

Q3. Also when you do the Reset does that do anything to the software does it revert it to the original supplied software version?
A3. Negative. The Power On Reset will not revert the version of software within the MFD's memory to that which was installed when the MFD was manufactured.
06-19-19, 12:47 PM (This post was last modified: 06-19-19 02:27 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks Chuck
Just be sure I can update from a remote raymarine card reader attached to the Axiom or for updates do I have to do it from the slot on the actual Axiom back. I ask as when doing updates to software it does not ask which card slot it whereas when I imported waypoints and routes it asked whether to us so card 1 or external Ed card 1
06-19-19, 02:32 PM
E.hatch2086,

We have been receiving reports that some have been experiencing problems updating software when using the remote reader. Should a problem be encountered, then it would unfortunately be necessary to update the MFD's software via it's memory card reader or update the MFD remotely via another networked MFD.
06-19-19, 03:28 PM (This post was last modified: 06-20-19 07:55 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks hoping not for that answer as it is a pain to get to the back of my unit as it uses a navpod. Do the experts think it is a software issue or related to the remote reader. Any plan to address either
06-20-19, 07:56 AM (This post was last modified: 06-20-19 07:58 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
E.hatch,

Q. Do the experts think it is a software issue or related to the remote reader. Any plan to address either.
A. The problem is not encountered by all Axiom MFD owners and continues to be investigated. When the root cause of the problem has been identified, it will likely be corrected ... particularly if a software solution may is identified.
06-20-19, 11:12 AM (This post was last modified: 06-20-19 11:46 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck if I downloaded multiple soft ware versions for the Axiom along with software for the Quantum to the micro SD card then installed card in back of Axiom and tried to update from card would it then display the various files and let me pick which ones?
06-20-19, 11:48 AM
E.hatch2086,

Only one version of LH3 software for an Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFD should saved to the microSD card prior to inserting the card into the MFD's memory card reader. The microSD card may also contain software update files for the system's other devices (ex. Quantum radome).