Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] Axiom Pro, missing wind indicator and dashboard
06-18-19, 06:19 AM (This post was last modified: 06-20-19 02:51 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] Axiom Pro, missing wind indicator and dashboard
I have a brand new Axiom 12 Pro RVX. I can not see the wind indicator, no laylines. I don´t have the dashboard app either? I have upgraded to latest Lighthouse 3.9. Do I need to download the dashboard app to configure wind/sailing? Sailing is set during startup.
I only have NMEA 0183 via the power cable connected. An ST-NMEA unit converts all old ST60 Seatalk instruments including ST60 Wind. All units are discovered via network connection page (wind direction and speed is visible only there). No NMEA2000/Seatalk NG are connetced.
What am I missing?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-26-19, 03:46 AM
RE: [LW11] Axiom Pro, missing wind indicator and dashboard
Dear bjohjoh,

Thank you for your post.

The dashboard app is one of the generic apps that are shown when a software update or reset is done. You can create a dashboard app by holding your finger down on a blank app >layout>full screen>dashboard.

Within the dashboard app>menu>sailing page, you can also customize page within these settings.

For layline data you need to following input;
wind
speed through the water
GPS
heading

Within the home page you will need your vessel type set to sailing. Sail performance needs to be set to polar or fixed angles.

Within chart application ensure you have laylines toggled on within the sub menu when you hover over the vessel icon. Chart app>menu>settings>laylines - here are settings for your layline data too. Do ensure you have chart detail set to a minumum of detailed otherwise the layline data is not available.

Many Thanks
Louise
06-27-19, 02:05 AM
(06-26-19 03:46 AM)Louise - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  Dear bjohjoh,

Thank you for your post.

The dashboard app is one of the generic apps that are shown when a software update or reset is done. You can create a dashboard app by holding your finger down on a blank app >layout>full screen>dashboard.

Within the dashboard app>menu>sailing page, you can also customize page within these settings.

For layline data you need to following input;
wind
speed through the water
GPS
heading

Within the home page you will need your vessel type set to sailing. Sail performance needs to be set to polar or fixed angles.

Within chart application ensure you have laylines toggled on within the sub menu when you hover over the vessel icon. Chart app>menu>settings>laylines - here are settings for your layline data too. Do ensure you have chart detail set to a minumum of detailed otherwise the layline data is not available.

Many Thanks
Louise

Hi Luise!
Thank you, I found the dashboard and I have the wind indicator there in the sailing view (angle and speed) + all the other data. Wind and speed trough water is received from Seatalk via ST-NMEA 0183 converter. I have toggled layline within chart sub menu.
BUT I have two issues (except for laylines is not showing yet):
Q1. I don´t have the wind symbol in my chart application (the little yellow drop symbol)? Vessel type is set to "cruising sailing" or similar: I have also tried "Competition sailing". I forgot to set chart detail to minimum. Can that be the issue with the wind symbol as well (the yellow drop in chart app)?
Q2: ST60 wind speed is set to m/s (not knots). In the dashboard, the speed is approx. twice the value of what the ST60 wind instrument is showing. Unit in the dashboard is m/s. It looks like there is a conversion error in the MFD or the ST60 Wind instrument sends the speed in knots over Seatalk (ST60 display is m/s)?

Kind regards
Björn Johansson
07-27-19, 09:15 AM
Thank you, I found the dashboard and I have the wind indicator there in the sailing view (angle and speed) + all the other data. Wind and speed trough water is received from Seatalk via ST-NMEA 0183 converter. I have toggled layline within chart sub menu.
I have now upgraded to 3.10.39 (Bermuda).

BUT I have two issues (except for laylines is not showing yet):
Q1. I don´t have the wind symbol in my chart application (the little yellow drop symbol)? Vessel type is set to "cruising sailing" or similar: I have also tried "Competition sailing". I forgot to set chart detail to minimum. Can that be the issue with the wind symbol as well (the yellow drop in chart app)?
Q2: ST60 wind speed is set to m/s (not knots). In the dashboard, the speed is approx. twice the value of what the ST60 wind instrument is showing. Unit in the dashboard is m/s. It looks like there is a conversion error in the MFD or the ST60 Wind instrument sends the speed in knots over Seatalk (ST60 display is m/s)?

Kind regards
Björn Johansson
08-01-19, 09:34 AM
Dear bjojoh,

Many thanks for yoru post.

A1. To see the wind information HOTSPOT THE VESSEL IN CHART APPLICATION> VECTOR BOX> toggle the wind option
Ensure the chart is set to detailed and as long as the data is available you will see the yellow teardrops.

A2. Can you confirm the convertor is on the latest software? This needs to be V2.03, if you go into the homepage> settings>network>diagnostics> scroll down until you see the convertor and the software revision is listed here - please update this if it is not.
If you set the speed to knots on the ST60, do you see the same issue on the Axiom or is the information repeated correctly? Have you set the wind speed to m/s in the Axiom?

Many Thanks
Louise
08-13-19, 06:23 AM
(08-01-19 09:34 AM)Louise - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  Hi, the yellow teardrop with wind indication doesn´t show up. I have toggled the wind option and tried both detailed and simplified chart mode.

NOTE! I am using wind data from ST60 Wind via "Digital Yacht ST-NMEA" interface, using NMEA pins i the main power connector. The wind data shows up in the dashboard, but not in the chart. See attached picture of the converter.
The MFD is a Axiom 12" Pro RVX.

A1. To see the wind information HOTSPOT THE VESSEL IN CHART APPLICATION> VECTOR BOX> toggle the wind option
Ensure the chart is set to detailed and as long as the data is available you will see the yellow teardrops.

A2. Can you confirm the convertor is on the latest software? This needs to be V2.03, if you go into the homepage> settings>network>diagnostics> scroll down until you see the convertor and the software revision is listed here - please update this if it is not.
If you set the speed to knots on the ST60, do you see the same issue on the Axiom or is the information repeated correctly? Have you set the wind speed to m/s in the Axiom?

Many Thanks
Louise
08-15-19, 05:45 AM
Dear bjojoh,

Thank you for your post.

Thank you for clarifying the convertor you are using, this is a third party convertor and not one we have tested.

It is the convertor that will be sending that data to the Axiom over NMEA0183, this is what will be doing the change. Try changing the ST60 to knots so there is no confusion with units via the convertor.

I have responded to your other post regarding not seeing speed on your MDS, I think the issues you are experiencing relate to the convertor in the network. Have you got speed through the water data available on the Axiom in the data boxes or the dashboard? - if this data is not being sent out by the convertor you will not be able to use laylines, view wind vectors and this data may also be wrong due to the miscalculation of units. What are the NMEA 0183 sentences the convertor sends out for wind and speed through the water data? Can you confirm it is sending out STW data?

Many Thanks
Louise