Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] i50 with old tranducer
06-20-19, 05:18 PM (This post was last modified: 06-21-19 09:41 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] i50 with old tranducer
Have new i50 cabled to i60 wind instrument display and Evolution auto helm. All is working but the i50 reads 49 feet in about 8 feet of water.
The old transducer is 200 kHz analog.
Is there a work around or must I add an ITC-5 or use a new P19 transducer?
Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-21-19, 09:44 AM
RE: [CA11] i50 with old tranducer
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Larry,

There is a very good chance that the old 200kHz transducer may simply be interfaced to the i50 Depth / Tridata (model not specified) instrument's transducer pins. What make/model of depth finding product had the old depth transducer been interfaced to?
06-26-19, 12:49 PM (This post was last modified: 06-27-19 09:32 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you!
The old depth display was a Datamarine S200DL. It worked but was very hard to see. New i50 display is linked with white cables between Evolution auto helm display and i60 wind display.
Now reads 48 to 50 feet in all depths.
I connected the center of the coax to blue terminal on the i50 and the shielded part to the black terminal.
06-27-19, 09:37 AM
Larry,

Raymarine's instrument have not been designed and tested for use with Datamarine transducers. The reported issue may be resulting from an incompatible transducer, failing transducer, or less likely, with the depth instrument itself. One may verify whether this is the case by interfacing the instrument to a compatible Raymarine instrument transducer which is suspended over the side of the hull in water permitting the transducer to be suspended at least 3' above the bottom. Should the depth instrument correctly report depth, then the Datamarine transducer should be replaced with a compatible Raymarine instrument transducer.
06-29-19, 03:26 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-19 11:23 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Just connectecd to new P 19 transducer and still get same 49 ft reading. Is there a way to test the display? The transducer is embedded in putty inside a solid fiberglass hull. As the cable is already snaked from the bow to the pedistal aft, hanging the transducer is a little impractical now.
Thank you.
07-01-19, 11:31 AM
Larry,

It would have been recommended that the pod be opened and that the test transducer have been connected to the instrument and then suspended over the side of the hull ... that now appears to be water under the bridge. The only other way to test the instrument would be to interface sonar test equipment (ex. EDI DSTS-4A, etc.) to the i50 instrument. Alternatively, the instrument may be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.