Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Quantum 2 Compatibility with gs165 Running Lighthouse 3
06-21-19, 08:42 PM (This post was last modified: 06-24-19 09:35 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Quantum 2 Compatibility with gs165 Running Lighthouse 3
I'm in the process of purchasing a 2010 Sea Ray that has an older CW120 and no radar. I am going to purchase a gs165 (and upgrade to Lighthouse 3) and possibly a 9" Axiom if my installer can shoe horn it in. I would like to go with the Quantum 2 radar unit but have 2 questions on compatibility.

1. If I upgrade the gs165 to Lighthouse 3 will I get the same feature set as with an Axiom or Axiom Pro?
2. If I am able to fit the 9" Axiom would I be able to use that MFD as the master and then output the same full Quantum 2 feature set that is supported in the Axiom in the gs165 if the answer to #1 above is no?

As always thank you in advance for all of your great support over the years.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-24-19, 10:19 AM (This post was last modified: 06-24-19 10:21 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Quantum 2 Compatibility with gs165 Running Lighthouse 3
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum John,

Q1. If I upgrade the gs165 to Lighthouse 3 will I get the same feature set as with an Axiom or Axiom Pro?
A1. Negative. eS/gS-Series MFDs running LightHouse 3 software will not support the following LightHouse 3 features which may only be executed on an Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFD:
• ClearCruise Augmented Reality Features
----- ClearCruise AR is with the FLIR M132 and M232 cameras
----- AR on I.P cameras can now be disabled
• Axiom UAV
• Apps
• Update product software via Wi-Fi
• New Realbathy™

Adding an Axiom MFD to the system will not permit use of the above listed on an eS/gS-Series MFD within the same system.

Q2. If I am able to fit the 9" Axiom would I be able to use that MFD as the master and then output the same full Quantum 2 feature set that is supported in the Axiom in the gs165 if the answer to #1 above is no?
A2. The Doppler Radar feature set is not limited to Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFDs.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply