Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Quantum 2 loss of connection
06-23-19, 10:35 AM (This post was last modified: 06-24-19 12:43 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Quantum 2 loss of connection
I have axiom 9, axiom 7 and a quantum 2 connected to a HS5 network switch. Had been working fine. Connected the mfd’s yesterday - went out and went to power up radar and got message no radar found - trying to connect. Checked the switch and all 3 green poet lights were in and flashing. After my cruise. Removed the displays from the helm. This morning, went down and connected the displays. Same result. So I decided to swap the network cables from the axiom 9 and 7. Powered system back up and radar works as before. The radar was originally setup with the axiom 9 directly. Does it make sense that a port change on the mfd matters on the HS5? Thats the only change. Radar is on port 5, axiom 9 on 4 and axiom 7 on 3. This works. When the 9 and 7 ports are seapoed it does not work. Anybideas?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-24-19, 12:48 PM
RE: [CA11] Quantum 2 loss of connection
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum schomakr,

The most common cause for the reported symptom is that the radome went into sleep mode and has gone into sleep mode between attempts to test the radome. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Has the radome been powered from a dedicated switched power circuit? If so, does it awaken from sleep mode after switching the radome's circuit off, switching the radome's circuit on again, waiting a minute, and then attempting to operate the radar?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply