Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powering Quantum Radar
05-19-16, 04:50 PM
Powering Quantum Radar
Dear Members,

I have just installed the New Quantum Radar, and I can't power it on. I have an A 98, and when I put it in the Radar screen, a window displays a massage to power it on, I Tryed several times power it on with no success. How can I check if the radar is power on? Are there some led on Radome or something similar that shows thats Its on? Are the some fuse? I've checked the power and the Radome is receiving 12,7v.

What should I do?

Best

João
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-20-16, 01:08 PM (This post was last modified: 05-20-16 01:10 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Powering Quantum Radar
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum João,

Please note that it is recommended that the power circuits supplying the MFD(s) and Quantum Radome be switched on at the same time. Should the circuit supplying power to the Quantum Radome be switched on prior the circuit supplying power to the MFD, then it may be necessary to switch the circuit supplying power to the Quantum Radome OFF and then switch this same power circuit back ON again. Doing so will force the Quantum Radome to restart.

Should the problem persist, then:

- Verify that the MFD has been updated with v16.49 or later a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD software
- Switch the circuit supplying power to the Quantum Radome OFF and then ON again
- verify that the circuit supplying power to the Quantum Radome has been switched ON and power is present within the circuit ... it has been noted that a voltage measurement has been performed
- In order to utilize a Quantum Radome with an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD, the radome must first be paired (HOME->SET-UP->SYSTEM SETTINGS->EXTERNAL DEVICES->QUANTUM RADAR) with the MFD. ... verify that this has this been performed
- Open a Radar application page
- Select the Quantum radar scanner to be used with the Radar application page/pane (MENU->SELECT RADAR->QUANTUM RADOME)
- Touch the ON onscreen feature within the Radar application page to switch the Quantum Radome ON.
- To transmit, touch the TX onscreen feature within the Radar application page to cause the Quantum Radome to begin transmitting.

Should you have performed each of the items specified above and the problem persist, then it is recommended that the MFD's Select Device List be checked to ensure that the Quantum Radome is listed. If not, then there may be a fault with the Wi-Fi interface of the MFD or Quantum Radome ... fault isolation may be performed by verifying that the RayView, RayControl, or RayRemote mobile app can connect to and repeat the MFD's screen image. The faulty item should then be serviced by Raymarine's Product Repair Center.

Should the Quantum Radome be listed, then it is recommended that a System Setting Reset be performed to the MFD, that the MFD's settings then be manually reconfigured, and that the MFD again be paired with the Quantum Radome. Should the problem persist, then it is recommended that the Quantum Radome be replaced (if purchased within the last 30 days) or serviced by Raymarine’s Product Repair Center.
05-25-16, 07:35 PM
Great,Thank you!

Now is running very well. Only one more question. Using some Ray App is possible follow the radar even if the Mdf is in other page or is possible only see what is in the screen in the moment?

Best
05-26-16, 10:09 AM
João,

Negative. Raymarine's Mobile Apps are exclusively designed to repeat the screen image of the MFD to which the mobile device has been connected via Wi-Fi. Should it be desired to view a different MFD application than is being displayed on the system's only a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD, then it would be necessary to install another Wi-Fi equipped a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD (any size will do ... for low cost, recommend using an a65) within the system, which in turn may be repeated on the mobile device.