Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] St 4000 control unit
06-24-19, 01:27 AM (This post was last modified: 06-24-19 02:50 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] St 4000 control unit
Hi,

I have an old ST 4000 autohelm system on my boat - control unit, fluxgate compass and wheel drive unit (?Mk1 - its black). The problem is that the head unit (control) is not working properly and I need to replace it. I've been told that an ST4000+ unit will work but these are rare to find. Is there anything else that would be compatible with this system or do I have to replace the whole lot.

Thanks in advance

Pete
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-25-19, 09:41 AM
RE: [DG11] St 4000 control unit
Hi Decobham,
Thank you for your enquiry

There are no longer any spares or parts for the ST4000 control unit and so it is unlikely that it could be repaired if sent to a Raymarine service centre.

Our advice would be to update the electronics to the EV100 system and this can be used to operate your existing drive unit.

Regards

Derek
06-25-19, 06:35 PM (This post was last modified: 06-26-19 07:56 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Derek,

Many thanks for your response, can you tell me which parts I would need to purchase in order for the system to work? The electronics on the boat are dated and I have no network to plug into, presumably the system can be installed standalone?

Many thanks

Pete
06-26-19, 09:41 AM
Hi Pete,

Thanks for the feedback.

You could either buy the kit of parts, T70281, which comprises the p70s control unit, EV1 sensor and the ACU100, it also includes an EV1 Cabling kit. Or you could buy the above parts independently.

The Evolution autopilot can be installed as a standalone system, which you could then add other equipment to at a later stage. For example, the STng to SeaTalk converter can be used to connect the previous generation SeaTalk electronics to the Evolution system.

Regards

Derek