Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] ST60+ Wind Instrument Not Displaying Speed or Direction
06-25-19, 09:07 AM (This post was last modified: 06-27-19 01:21 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] ST60+ Wind Instrument Not Displaying Speed or Direction
My boat was just commissioned for the season and I found the ST60+ gauge/display was not registering wind speed or direction. I discovered that the yard had not connected the wiring from the mast to the junction box. I connected the wires (red-to-red, green-to-green, etc) but the display still does not show speed or direction but it does show 3 dash lines, then, briefly, 0.0 then the dash lines again with this sequence repeating. The masthead vane is pointing into the wind and the cups are spinning. I haven't performed a check with a multimeter. Is there something else I should consider before returning the boat to the yard for diagnosis?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-27-19, 01:28 PM
RE: [CA11] ST60+ Wind Instrument Not Displaying Speed or Direction
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Deacon,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how to test the masthead wind transducer. Initially, these tests should be made at the instrument itself and then on both side of the junction box. Should the measured values be consistent with those specified within the referenced FAQ, then it would indicate a problem with the ST60+ Wind Instrument. Unfortunately, ST60+ instruments can no longer be serviced by Raymarine's Product Repair Center. However, the instrument may be replaced with an i60 Wind Instrument. Should you ST60+ Wind instrument be interfaced to other SeaTalk devices, then the SeaTalk cables may be unplugged from the ST60+ Wind instrument and should be connected to a D244 SeaTalk Junction Block. An A06047 / 15.7in (0.4m) SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Spur Adapter would then be used to interface the i60 Wind Instrument to the D244 SeaTalk Junction Block.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply