Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Ray53 not displaying position data from Axiom 9
06-14-19, 06:29 AM (This post was last modified: 06-18-19 10:44 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] Ray53 not displaying position data from Axiom 9
I have a newish (8 months) Ray53 VHF which is not showing position data despite the self test reporting that the GPS connection is “OK”. Seatalk connections to the Axiom 9 (purchased same time) all look ok
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-04-19, 12:35 AM
RE: [TG11] Ray53 not displaying position data from Axiom 9
Hello Mark44635,

The GPS test option in the Ray53's menu refers to its internal GPS receiver rather than external data. I take it the Axiom 9 has a GPS fix ok? If so, I would think that the problem is either an incorrect Data Source selection or a SeatalkNG networking problem.

If you look in Home > Settings > Network > Diagnostics > Product Information on your Axiom, is the Ray53 listed? If it is, that implies that the network is more-or-less ok.
If you go to Home > Settings > Network > Data Sources > GPS, what sources are listed? Is the selection currently Auto or Manual? If in doubt, I would suggest setting this to Auto, or if it's already on Auto then to Manual and then back to Auto in order to make sure that the Ray53 updates its selection. It will mirror the choice you set on the Axiom, you don't need to set it separately on the Ray53.

If you're not sure whether what you're seeing is correct, maybe post back here photos or screenshots of the contents of your Product Info and Data Sources > GPS pages.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply