Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] GS125 Auto route going backwards / away from waypoints
06-26-19, 09:22 AM (This post was last modified: 06-26-19 09:29 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] GS125 Auto route going backwards / away from waypoints
Hello, I have a GS125, I recently updated the chart plotter to the newest LH3, when i touch and hold the map and select autguideance to here, or when i select a way point from my saved locations, The gps tells me Im going away from the way point, the distance starts to add up, in addition to tell me that I have arrived, I saw a previous post were i have to select the route, hit stop, then advanced way point and hit reverse follow, I really doubt that is the way to do it, in fact previous the update the unit work flawless with the auto pilot and now it turns 180 and sends me back to the starting point, Any input will be appreciated
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-26-19, 09:30 AM
RE: [CA11] GS125 Auto route going backwards / away from waypoints
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Eddie,

What version of software is presently installed with you gS125 MFD?
06-27-19, 07:44 AM (This post was last modified: 06-27-19 08:19 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Good Morning,

v3.9.46, I also have the latest navionics Maps Platinum plus, large maps for south east us and Bahamas.
06-27-19, 08:59 AM
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Eddie,

Upon receiving this report, I have tested the autorouting feature and was unable to duplicate the reported issue. When a route is generated, whether it be automatically generated or manually generated, the route's sequence may be verified by examining the Route's details to determine whether it has been reversed in response to an operator's previous command to do so. Newly created routes will always sequence from the first waypoint added to the route to the last waypoint added to the route. When the vessel has moved beyond a route's first waypoint and the route is then commanded to be followed, care must be taken to use the Advance Waypoint (MENU->NAVIGATION->ADVANCE WAYPOINT) feature to advance navigation to the first waypoint of the route which one desires to navigate to. This is most commonly the route's second waypoint for to those whose routes first waypoint is their dock, marina, etc.. Failure to do so will cause navigation to be directed to the route's first waypoint ... which you have already moved beyond. There is no need to stop following a route to use the Advance Waypoint feature. The follow from here feature would would typically be used to initiate navigation of a route at a waypoint which is well away from the route's first or last waypoint. In order to use the follow from here feature, the Stop Follow command must first be executed. Only after having verified that the route is in the correct sequence, that navigation is being directed to the desired waypoint of the route and the vessel is steering toward the desired waypoint should the autopilot be engaged. Finally, please note that the autopilot may steer the vessel to the route's course/leg line if the vessel has strayed off of the course line. If you don't want this to occur and should the bearing from the boat's present position directly to the waypoint keep the vessel in safe waters, then the Restart XTE (MENU->NAVIGATION->RESTART XTE) feature may be used cause navigation from the present position to the waypoint prior to engaging the autopilot.
06-27-19, 01:25 PM (This post was last modified: 06-27-19 02:37 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hello, Please look at my comments bellow, thanks for the help .

1. the route's sequence may be verified by examining the Route's details to determine whether it has been reversed in response to an operator's previous command to do so R: how can i do that? I just press and hold and hit auto route to here, the systems calculates the route, I hit follow and tells me I'm moving away from the first way point .

2. Newly created routes will always sequence from the first waypoint added to the route to the last way point added to the route. R I understand, however on my unit, it tells me that I'm pulling away from the following waypoint, so it tell me DTW 0.1, 0.2 and continues to keep going up .

3.In order to use the follow from here feature, the Stop Follow command must first be executed. Only after having verified that the route is in the correct sequence, that navigation is being directed to the desired way point of the route and the vessel is steering toward the desired way point should the autopilot be engaged.R when i input follow from here, the arrows are in the right direction, but again , If im in the trace line, the system tells me im going backward and pulling away from the next waypoint. It is almost like the compass is backwards? The speed in fine.. I did have a issue with a Sea talk bridge , one of the pins burned and i had to replace it but it works fine/.

4.Finally, please note that the autopilot may steer the vessel to the route's course/leg line if the vessel has strayed off of the course line. If you don't want this to occur and should the bearing from the boat's present position directly to the way point keep the vessel in safe waters, then the Restart XTE (MENU->NAVIGATION->RESTART XTE) feature may be used cause navigation from the present position to the way point prior to engaging the autopilot.

R. Usually I engage the auto pilot, Hit knowledge and restart XTE in order to minimize the off course or correction of the pilot..

I know this may sound crazy but is there a way to change the compass orientation 180 degrees? I think this may fix my problem, or maybe when I updated to LH 3 some thing got out of wack,, I have done the start up setting guide again and no help .

Thanks.
07-01-19, 04:26 PM
Eddie,

You appear to be onto something with regard to the heading appearing to be 180 out. As we have discussed, your system features a the gS-Series MFD, CP370 fishfinder sounder module, Raystar 150 GPS Sensor, and Ray260 VHF radio w/AIS receiver option. Heading is typically supplied to a system by its autopilot, instrument (ex. Airmar weather station, etc.), or satellite compass (ex. Furuno SC-70, etc.). In this case the Axius system onboard your vessel is the most probable source of such data. It would accordingly be recommended that you configure the MFD to use magnetic bearings (if not already configured for such) and then configure the Chart application to be overlaid with the following two data items:
- Heading ... should no value be reported, then the system features no heading input and troubleshooting with the Axius system will need to resume.
- COG ... this value will be supplied to the system by the Raystar 150 GPS Sensor when underway and making way ... recommend that the speed be at least 5kts.

It is then recommended that you operate the vessel on each of the four cardinal headings, using the vessel's properly calibrated ships fluid filled compass as your reference. The values of the reported COG, Heading from the data overlays, as well as the magnetic heading reported by the properly calibrated ships fluid filled compass should then be recorded for each of the cardinal headings (N, S, E, W). I suspect that you will find that the value reported for COG and that of calibrated ships fluid filled compass will be very close in value. However, I suspect that the Heading value will differ significantly from these. Should this be the case, then it would be recommended that the Axius documentation or Mercury support / dealer be consulted regarding how to calibrate the Axius system for deviation and to align its compass.

Should all heading, COG, and the ship's fluid filled compass be close in value at all headings, then the aforementioned Power On Reset would be recommended.
07-13-19, 09:08 AM (This post was last modified: 07-15-19 05:04 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Good morning,

I have tryed everything and still doing the same thing, one thing i noticed is that the heading is being transmitted from the vessel view unit, it is the only option I see and i cant un check it, how can i make the gs unit to get heading from a diferent device asuming the smartcraft is sending the wrong signal? Weird because all of this started after the LH 3 update, i have reset and restored the unit per our phone call, thanks
07-16-19, 11:09 AM
Eddie,

As indicated when underway and making way on a steady heading, COG and Heading data items should be compared to determine whether the heading value received by the system is accurate. If not, then only way to prevent errant heading data from an external source from being used by the system would be to do one of the following:
- correct the problem with the external heading source (re-calibrate / align or replace)
- disconnect the heading source from the system
- add another heading source to the system (ex. Raymarine AR200, etc.), calibrate / align it, and then select it as the system's heading source.