Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Raymarine Autohelm ST50 Tridata
06-26-19, 10:21 AM (This post was last modified: 06-27-19 01:44 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Raymarine Autohelm ST50 Tridata
When I power up my tridata system the depth and speed numbers are frozen. It states 6.0 meters depth (I always used feet) and 6.1kts of speed. the timer works.

The numbers for depth and speed never change. any idea on what the issue is? Even when I disconnect the transducer plugs the numbers stay.

Thank you
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-27-19, 01:50 PM
RE: [CA11] Raymarine Autohelm ST50 Tridata
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum cuecker,

Unfortunately ST50 instruments are no longer supported and can no longer be serviced. That said, it is recommended that you power the instrument off, unplug the transducer(s), and then power the instrument on again. If the instrument reports dashes for all values, then the problem is likely rooted in the transducer(s). As Raymarine no longer produces instrument transducer with plugs, the plugs of the currently installed transducer(s) would need to be spliced to the cables of the new transducers (simply match the colors of each cable's leads. Should the instrument not report dashes for all values when tested in the manner specified above, then the instrument would appear to have suffered a failure and would need to be replaced.
06-27-19, 02:58 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-19 03:29 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Chuck,

Thanks for the reply. When I disconnect the transducers and power up the unit the numbers remain so it seems like its the unit. What is the best replacement, the i50 tridata, without having to replace the transducers.

Thanks
Christian
07-01-19, 03:28 PM
cuecker,

An i50 Tridata Instrument would typically be used as a replacement within the system. However, interfacing it to a SeaTalk bus which includes other devices which are of ST50 vintage would be unsupported. Consequently, it would be recommended that if an i50 Tridata Instrument was installed within such a system that it be installed as a stand-alone product.