Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] RL70C
07-03-19, 07:49 AM (This post was last modified: 07-10-19 03:35 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] RL70C
Hi, I have a 2004 Sealine F34 fitted with a pair of Pathfinder RL70C displays. The Flybridge unit appears to be a master and connected to the Radar array as the radar functions as expected from there. The lower station will not display the radar and the screen displays a message to the effect that the radar is not responding. Can anyone tell me how to allow the radar to be displayed on the lower help station? I've seen the lower display working in the past when the boat was demonstrated to us, but the guy who "got it going" can't remember how he did it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-10-19, 04:11 AM
RE: [LW11] RL70C
Dear stef derner,

Thank you for your post.

As long as the 2 plotters are networked together correctly you should be able to see the radar image on the slave unit. Please refer to the Pathfinder radar operation manual here.

Do ensure that all of the connections are good and the cables are not damaged.

Are you seeing the radar on the master display but on the slave you have the message 'radar not responding'? Could provide a little more detail as to what the display is showing.

Many Thanks
Louise
07-17-19, 03:46 AM (This post was last modified: 07-17-19 06:56 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
The link you provided does not work for me.

How do I ensure the 2 plotters are networked correctly? A menu setting? Cabling?
07-26-19, 09:58 AM
Hi Stef Derner,

Thank you for your enquiry.

The two displays must be using compatible software versions, both be of the same generation - Pathfinder had an initial range, then a PLUS variant was introduced, they must be one or the other - you cannot mix an earlier unit with a PLUS variant.

If the warning message displayed is 'scanner not responding', then this points to a failure in the radar scanner not the display itself.

Please try this link to the handbook here - otherwise you can find it on our websitein the retired llegacy products section here

regards
Derek
07-26-19, 10:16 AM (This post was last modified: 07-26-19 11:07 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks Derek, both displays are identical RL70C plus models. The on site "tech" at the marina, got it working once, told me it was to do with the order in which the displays are started. He now can't remember how he did it. It was always possible to get the radar on the flybridge station, but it would not display on the lower helm station. The question is whether there is a menu to set the lower station as slave, as it's always the lower helm gives the radar not responding error. The upper station always worked. However we now have an issue where the tech has fixed the upper station until it won't switch on at all. I'm going to have to address that issue before I can move on.
07-31-19, 05:47 AM
Dear Stef Derner,

These products are no longer supported due to their age, however all of the legacy manuals are available on our website. Please review the manual that is available here for operation of the RL70C installation.

Many Thanks
Louise
07-31-19, 08:45 AM (This post was last modified: 07-31-19 09:37 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks Louise, I've read the manuals, but I can't find anything in them about having a second display and how to connect it apart from the statement that it can be done.
08-12-19, 02:11 AM
Dear Mr Derner,

I have sent you a private message.

Many Thanks
Louise