Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] Scroll speed change
07-07-19, 08:22 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-19 06:53 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] Scroll speed change
I have two Axiom Pros and a set of Rv220’s
Is it normal for the sounder scroll speed to slow significantly when the sidescan or real vision is turned on at the same time. The greater the range on the side or 3D scan, the slower the scroll speed on the sounder.
Thanks,

John
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-10-19, 06:27 AM
RE: [LW11] Scroll speed change
Dear Chief,

Thank you for your post.

The scroll speed will slow down when using side scan and real vision at the same time as the real vision uses the side scan to create the 3D image, this is expected behaviour.

Many Thanks
Louise
07-10-19, 12:35 PM
I’m not sure i was clear.
The scroll speed on the sonar/sounder, the old style downward looking sonar like what was on my C120, that is expected to slow as well?
Standard sonar slows it I have only the 3D or only the side scan on with it. Normal scroll speed on the old style sonar, turn on either 3D or sidescan, increase the width of the scan from the Auto setting and the speed remains constant on the 3D or sidescan but the scroll of the sonar slows drastically.

John
07-17-19, 10:52 AM
Just so I’m clear, you expect the chirp sonar scroll speed to slow drastically when the 3D or the sidescan is turned on?
07-30-19, 10:50 AM
Dear Chief,

The scroll speed would slow down due to the amount of data that is being processed whilst using side scan and 3D at the same time.

Many Thanks
Louise