Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] E7 radar overlay
08-16-19, 08:50 AM (This post was last modified: 08-16-19 09:13 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [LW11] E7 radar overlay
Dear dcneuro,

Thank you for the post.

Just to confirm the radar overlay requires heading data or COG data (generally speeds over 2 knots) to be enabled.

Wind and tide data requires heading data to be able to make the calculations - you cannot get these with COG data.

Many Thanks
Louise
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-16-19, 09:48 AM (This post was last modified: 08-19-19 02:54 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I have the same settings that I have always used. Something seems to have changed since trying to overlay Radar.
08-20-19, 05:10 AM
Dear dcneuro,

Thank you for the post.

All of issues you appear to be experiencing like radar overlay, no wind data and no tide data are all going to be a result of lacking data.

You have confirmed that your autopilot is faulty, your speed through the water is failing and your windspeed has ceased to operate due to a collision with a bird.

Even without a change in settings you will not be able to view these functions until you have the right data input. Please confirm the following and if you are still experiencing issues we will investigate further;

1) your speed through the water is operational in the correct manner
2) your wind data is accurate including direction and speed
3) your heading data is available

Many Thanks
Louise
08-30-19, 12:49 PM (This post was last modified: 10-16-19 07:56 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Still isn’t working. Why wouldn’t I see a tide vector? I have a new auto pilot installed and a new speed instrument installed. The old wind instrument is still in place, the direction is working, the wind speed is not. But I have had vectors before. The wind speed hasn’t worked in two years, actors stopped appearing in July. Also, now when I change the boat icon position from center to partial offset or full Offset, it changes back to center.
09-03-19, 05:05 AM
Dear dcneuro,

Thank you for your post.

All of these issues indicate the lack of heading data;

1) your vectors require heading data to enable them to make the calculations.
Please refer to section 14.17 on page 193 of the Lighthouse 2 manual.

2) The chart offset requires heading data or COG data once underway to enable this function.

3) Can you confirm what revision of Lighthouse 2 you have on your E7?

4) On your wind instrument you state wind angle is working but wind speed is not, what do you see when in true wind mode and apparent wind mode? Have you got dashes, zeros or random figures?

5) Have you got the new EVO pilot installed? Is this integrated in to your network?

6) Can you send a system diagram in to us with all of the products and their software revisions?

7) Can you send a screenshot of the chart showing heading data, you may need to configure a data box for this. In the chart application>menu>presentation>databoxes>select heading

You can send this to support.uk@raymarine.com

Here is a link to the Lighthouse 2 manual available to download from our website here.

Is the radar overlay working now?

Many Thanks
Louise