Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] Axiom7 + DST800 + E22078 wind transducer - no laylines and wind indicator
07-09-19, 05:37 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-19 03:28 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] Axiom7 + DST800 + E22078 wind transducer - no laylines and wind indicator
Hello,

I have problem on Axiom7 with LH3.9 connected with DST800 and wind transducer (E22078). All installation is new, installed this year.

I don't see laylines and i don't see wind indicator on map.

I have tried to do factory reset on Axiom, nothing changed. Still no laylines, I have checked double times - everyting is set On in laylines and wind direction settings, but map is empty - no wind direction icon on map and no laylines. (ofcourse i see wind direction in dashboard so transducer is working correctly)

Ofcourse I tried to do one more time firmware update, no change. Still not working.

I see wind direction and speed, i have GPS position, i have information's about speed thru water (this is another problem that this speed is not even close to SOG) and laylines are not shown.

What should i check ?

Dear Raymarine, what is going on ? :(
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-10-19, 05:03 AM
RE: [LW11] Axiom7 + DST800 + E22078 wind transducer - no laylines and wind indicator
Dear Kr7,

Thank you for your post.

Have you got the boat type set to sailing?
Ensure you have polar or fixed angles selected?
The laylines are enable to view on the chart CHART APP >MENU >SETTINGS >LAYLINES >TOGGLED ON

You also need to following data for the laylines to be calculated;
Speed through the water
GPS
Heading
Wind

Many Thanks
Louise
07-11-19, 02:45 AM
RE: [LW11] Axiom7 + DST800 + E22078 wind transducer - no laylines and wind indicator
(07-10-19 05:03 AM)Louise - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  Dear Kr7,

Thank you for your post.

Have you got the boat type set to sailing?
Ensure you have polar or fixed angles selected?
The laylines are enable to view on the chart CHART APP >MENU >SETTINGS >LAYLINES >TOGGLED ON

You also need to following data for the laylines to be calculated;
Speed through the water
GPS
Heading
Wind

Many Thanks
Louise

Ofcourse i set boat type to sailing, i try polar, i try fixed angles, no matter what i chose it doesnt work.

I have DST800 installed - so STW is avaliable in system
GPS - i'ts taken from Axiom itself
Wind - i have E22078 wind vane installed - so it is avaliable in system

Heading - i don't see heading on axiom, why ?

Why i dont see wind direction on map ? even without laylines turned on ? ofcourse i have turned on 'show wind direction' checkbox in settings.

i also dont see 'cardinal wind direction' ? I see angles, i see beaufort scale, i dont see cardinal direction.
07-11-19, 02:50 AM
Dear Kr7,

Thank you for the response.

If you are missing heading data, the laylines and vectors will not be available to you as heading is required to make these calculations.

Have you got an autopilot networked in the system? This is usually the source of heading data.

Many Thanks
Louise
07-11-19, 03:03 AM
Nope, i dont have autopilot connected yet. I have ST2000+ and plan to connect it , but it will not resolve problem.

Why Axiom does'nt have it's own HDG information ?

Is there any way to use COG instead of HDG if no HGD is avaliable. Meaby some change in future LH update.
07-11-19, 07:41 AM
Dear Kr7,

These features are dependant on heading data, if COG data is used the laylines would be incorrectly calculated as would the other vectors. It has to be heading data.

Your ST2000+ has a compass and this can provide heading data to the network. You will then be able to have the laylines and vectors on the chart.

The Axiom does not have an internal compass, only an internal GPS and this will only provide COG.

Many Thanks
Louise
07-11-19, 07:52 AM
(07-11-19 07:41 AM)Louise - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  Dear Kr7,

These features are dependant on heading data, if COG data is used the laylines would be incorrectly calculated as would the other vectors. It has to be heading data.

Your ST2000+ has a compass and this can provide heading data to the network. You will then be able to have the laylines and vectors on the chart.

The Axiom does not have an internal compass, only an internal GPS and this will only provide COG.

Many Thanks
Louise

So only way to see laylines is to use autopilot (in my installation) ? no way to see them when im steering myself ? Or i have to buy another compas for 1000 EUR to have heading information - which is different from COG for 10 degrees ?

Ok, so this is a little bit useless in normal use :-(

Do i need HDG also to see wind direction ? What is dependence between my heading and wind direction ?

Do i need HDG to see 'cardinal wind direction' ?
07-11-19, 09:25 AM
Dear Kr7,

So only way to see laylines is to use autopilot (in my installation) ? no way to see them when im steering myself ? Or i have to buy another compas for 1000 EUR to have heading information - which is different from COG for 10 degrees ?

- You will be able to see them if you network your ST2000+ or you can buy a iTC-5 and a fluxgate compass that (part no M81190) will also put heading data on to the network via the STng backbone.

Do i need HDG also to see wind direction ?
- You can view apparent wind with just the wind insturment connected, to allow the viewing of true wind this would need to be combined with a speed instrument as true wind is calculated with wind, STW data and heading data. Heading data is required as this provides the system the data to calculate the wind angle in relation to the boat.

What is dependence between my heading and wind direction ?
- to calculate ground wind, heading data and COG data is used along with the wind data.

Do i need HDG to see 'cardinal wind direction' ?
- Yes, heading data is required to see cardinal wind direction.

Many Thanks
Louise