Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] Axiom7 + DST800 + E22078 wind transducer - no laylines and wind indicator
07-11-19, 07:52 AM
RE: [LW11] Axiom7 + DST800 + E22078 wind transducer - no laylines and wind indicator
(07-11-19 07:41 AM)Louise - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  Dear Kr7,

These features are dependant on heading data, if COG data is used the laylines would be incorrectly calculated as would the other vectors. It has to be heading data.

Your ST2000+ has a compass and this can provide heading data to the network. You will then be able to have the laylines and vectors on the chart.

The Axiom does not have an internal compass, only an internal GPS and this will only provide COG.

Many Thanks
Louise

So only way to see laylines is to use autopilot (in my installation) ? no way to see them when im steering myself ? Or i have to buy another compas for 1000 EUR to have heading information - which is different from COG for 10 degrees ?

Ok, so this is a little bit useless in normal use :-(

Do i need HDG also to see wind direction ? What is dependence between my heading and wind direction ?

Do i need HDG to see 'cardinal wind direction' ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [LW11] Axiom7 + DST800 + E22078 wind transducer - no laylines and wind indicator - Kr7 - 07-11-19 07:52 AM