Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] Axiom7 + DST800 + E22078 wind transducer - no laylines and wind indicator
07-11-19, 09:25 AM
RE: [LW11] Axiom7 + DST800 + E22078 wind transducer - no laylines and wind indicator
Dear Kr7,

So only way to see laylines is to use autopilot (in my installation) ? no way to see them when im steering myself ? Or i have to buy another compas for 1000 EUR to have heading information - which is different from COG for 10 degrees ?

- You will be able to see them if you network your ST2000+ or you can buy a iTC-5 and a fluxgate compass that (part no M81190) will also put heading data on to the network via the STng backbone.

Do i need HDG also to see wind direction ?
- You can view apparent wind with just the wind insturment connected, to allow the viewing of true wind this would need to be combined with a speed instrument as true wind is calculated with wind, STW data and heading data. Heading data is required as this provides the system the data to calculate the wind angle in relation to the boat.

What is dependence between my heading and wind direction ?
- to calculate ground wind, heading data and COG data is used along with the wind data.

Do i need HDG to see 'cardinal wind direction' ?
- Yes, heading data is required to see cardinal wind direction.

Many Thanks
Louise
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [LW11] Axiom7 + DST800 + E22078 wind transducer - no laylines and wind indicator - Louise - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-11-19 09:25 AM