Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] Evolution EV-1 Roll Calibration
07-10-19, 07:57 AM (This post was last modified: 07-17-19 01:45 AM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Evolution EV-1 Roll Calibration
Do we have a way to calibrate roll on the Evolution EV-1. Mine is off by a few degrees and I'd rather not manually shim the EV-1 if I can just compensate by calibration.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-17-19, 01:53 AM
RE: Evolution EV-1 Roll Calibration
Hello kdammen,

There's no calibration for the EV's roll data, but I've personally not come across a system where that was needed. I don't have a spirit level in the office but my old test EV agrees within <1 degree with the sensor in my phone, for example. How far off is yours - a few degrees sounds like a lot - and what have you used to verify that what it's mounted level now? In my experience it's hard to find a truly horizontal reference or surface below-decks.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply