Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] i70 engine integration question
07-12-19, 09:36 PM (This post was last modified: 07-17-19 04:51 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] i70 engine integration question
Hi,

Is there any way I can integrate my i70 to display basic engine information (tachometer etc)? I have a craftsman marine cm2.16 engine, and I dont think the ECI 100 is compatible, although to tell the truth I'm getting a bit confused, here, so I dont really know...craftsman marine are not helping much as to my query whether the engine can output nmea 2000 data, either....

Many thanks for any advice.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-23-19, 03:06 AM
RE: [TG11] i70 engine integration question
Hi,

Based on the Craftsman handbook which I've just had a quick look at (https://www.craftsmanmarine.com/propulsi...nes/cm216/, the instrument panel that it's compatible with and the fact that it appears to be a marinised version of a Mitsubishi (non-marine) engine, I would be confident that it doesn't output NMEA2000. It might output J1939 (the industrial/heavy-automotive equivalent of NMEA2000 engine data) but there's no sign of that in the documentation. I am guessing that it's analogue-signals only. In that case you'd need an analogue-NMEA2000 convertor.

There's some good info and a comparison of different convertors at https://www.pbo.co.uk/expert-advice/how-...tter-59113 which should be useful. As long as the data is standard NMEA2000 we don't mind where it comes from, and don't test/compare specific convertors.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply