The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Es-78 MFD, microtalk, and wireless wind
07-15-19, 10:55 AM (This post was last modified: 07-18-19 02:41 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Es-78 MFD, microtalk, and wireless wind
Hi all,

First off, thank you in advance for any help here.

I’m trying to get my Raymarine es-78 MFD to see information from my Raymarine microtalk, and by extension my Raymarine wireless wind indicator (rebranded Tack Tick).

I have connected my mfd, a power cable, and the micro talk to the seatalk Ng starter kit backbone and have terminated it properly. (I believe. Photos attached.)

I have my wind indicator in the sun so the solar panels are getting juice.

I have everything connected and sitting within 11 inches of each other.

I have 12v going into the seatalkng 5-way connector with the red and black cable, I have the white seatalkng cable that came with the micro talk connected to the 5-way connector, and I have the black and white spur cable connected from the mfd to the 5-way connector. I'm assuming that this 5-way connector acts as my "backbone". I have the two blue terminator plugs in either end of the 5-way connector.

The micro talk led blinks 4 red flashes every 12 seconds... which is not in the manual as a code with meaning.

In the es78 menu I’m going to SET UP -> SYSTEM SETTINGS -> DATA SOURCES -> WIND.

It scans for a wind source and comes up with nothing. I have power cycled everything numerous times.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks again for your help.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Es-78 MFD, microtalk, and wireless wind - Peregrine1983 - 07-15-19 10:55 AM