Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] Permanently deleting User data
07-19-19, 10:49 AM (This post was last modified: 07-24-19 01:32 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] Permanently deleting User data
Recently upgraded to Axiom7 MFD, Quantum radar and i70s instrument. Bought C-Map 4D chart card and converted about 900 Route files created on the previous chart plotter from .BIN format to .GPX format.
On first importing user data via external card I had forgotten they were some routes already loaded from an earlier test. So, I did a Factory reset to remove all user data and tried again.
I selected just 2 Routes from my external card to load. After loading I found I still had the previous 140 Routes and all the associated waypoints. I tried deleting the Routes and Waypoints several times but they keep returning.
Clearly the Factory reset did not clean them out. Do you know where these Routes are located so I can delete them please ?
Find all posts by this user
07-25-19, 10:04 AM
RE: [DG11] Permanently deleting User data
Hi Robino,

Where were the routes copied to - the chart card or a separate blank micro SD card? Is it possible there are routes on the chart card too?

Did you carry out a full factory reset on the unit - the one that involves swiping the power key right to left 5 times, or did you use the reset options in the main menu?

Thanks
Derek
08-25-19, 09:08 AM (This post was last modified: 08-27-19 06:36 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [LW11] Permanently deleting User data
Hello Derek,
It has been a month since I used the Axiom and as a newbie I have to refer to the two manuals – one downloaded (Basic) and one hardcopy (Advanced) step by step.
First thing:
The RIGHT to LEFT swipe function does not work on this machine. Do I have a different variant Axiom without this function ?
So, my only route to Factory Reset is via Settings>This display>Factory Reset.
Before importing any Routes data I checked “My Data” showing ZERO Waypoints and ZERO Routes.
Following the data import procedure: I selected the external SD card; selected the first named Route in the long list of Routes. I checked “My Data” and found I had imported 17 pages of Routes (about 749).
Another Factory Reset. I checked “My Data” showing ZERO Waypoints and ZERO Routes.
I had another look at the SD data card. In the listing of files above the alphabetic list of hundreds of Routes are two folders – “FOLDER 1A” (containing a few Routes) and “Routes converted to GPX” (containing the whole library of many hundreds of Routes). I decided to remove these two folders in case they were a problem.
Following the data import procedure: I selected the external SD card; selected the 4th Route from the long list of Routes “ABERDEEN”. Once again, not only was ABERDEEN imported but about 70 other Routes following “ABERDEEN” in alphabetic order.
So, my problem is that I cannot load a single selected Route without adding a whole lot of other Routes.
And there remains a question about the RIGHT to LEFT swipe function.
Thanks for your help,
Robin
08-29-19, 10:19 AM
Dear robino,

Thank you for the post.

1 - The RIGHT to LEFT swipe function does not work on this machine. Do I have a different variant Axiom without this function ?
A1 - you need to power the Axiom down from the power supply and not just switch the unit off. Power the unit back up and begin to swipe the power key right to left until the standby LED turns blue. This is 5 successful swipes. You will then reach a basic menu offering a factory reset and a reboot.

2 - So, my only route to Factory Reset is via Settings>This display>Factory Reset.
A2 - This is a simpler reset but does delete all waypoint and route data.

Can you send the files to support.uk@raymarine.com to enable me to see the files and recreate your issue. The reset does clear all of the data from the internal memory, therefore you should not still have the routes/ waypoints available unless they been imported from the sd card again.

Many Thanks
Louise
08-30-19, 06:47 AM
Dear Louise,
Many thanks for your advice.
I have emailed you some of the Routes files.
Best wishes
robino
08-30-19, 10:43 AM
Thank you Robino, I will revert to you.
Thread Closed