Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] Fuel manager
07-19-19, 12:13 PM (This post was last modified: 07-26-19 10:19 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] Fuel manager
Can you tell me what is going on with my fuel manager?
Trip season is about right, but the others are way of.
Also my engine(evinrude e-tec) is using ca. 20% more fuel than reported.
Engine is directly connected to mdf (pgn 127489).

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-08-19, 03:37 AM
RE: [LW11] Fuel manager
Dear Vussi,

Many thanks for your post.

As you are using the fuel flow option (PGN 127489) is heavily dependent on the manual fuel top up entries, every-time you are refueling are you selecting 'tanks full' option?

You mention the Evinrude engines are using 20% more fuel than reported, what are you comparing this against?

Are you using the fuel manager in an Axiom with Lighthouse 3.10 Bermuda installed?

How are the engines networked in to the system? Are they connected via the STng backbone? Is there a gateway? Are you using an ECI-100?

Many Thanks
Louise
08-10-19, 01:30 AM
(08-08-19 03:37 AM)Louise - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  Dear Vussi,

Many thanks for your post.

As you are using the fuel flow option (PGN 127489) is heavily dependent on the manual fuel top up entries, every-time you are refueling are you selecting 'tanks full' option?

A. I always fill the the fuel tank completely and select “all tanks full” option

You mention the Evinrude engines are using 20% more fuel than reported, what are you comparing this against?

A. If I fill the tank completely before a trip(30 L) before a trip, and the fuel manager says 15 L remaining, when I come home, I can add ca. 20L (sometimes More) too the tank. Also “trip fuel used” is wrong(uses more than reported by mdf)

Are you using the fuel manager in an Axiom with Lighthouse 3.10 Bermuda installed?

A. Yes

How are the engines networked in to the system? Are they connected via the STng backbone? Is there a gateway? Are you using an ECI-100?

A. Engine is connected to a STng backbone.there is no gateway or ECI-100

Many Thanks
Louise
08-16-19, 04:50 AM
Dear Vussi,

Please confirm the exact model of your Evinrude E-Tec engine.

Have you got a generator onboard the vessel?

Many Thanks
Louise
08-16-19, 06:58 AM (This post was last modified: 08-19-19 03:00 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Q. Please confirm the exact model of your Evinrude E-Tec engine.
A. Evinrude E-Tec E50DSLAGB (2016)

Q. Have you got a generator onboard the vessel?
A. No
08-21-19, 03:12 AM
Dear Vussi,

Evinrude Etec engines require the Evinrude interface cable before connecting to a NMEA2000 backbone.

Can you contact Evinrude to obtain the components required to integrate your engine with your STng network - once this is complete, monitor your fuel rate and see if this has been corrected.

Many Thanks
Louise