Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] E120 will not load upgrade
07-21-19, 02:01 PM (This post was last modified: 07-24-19 04:03 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] E120 will not load upgrade
I have an E120 and would like to upgrade the software on it. The E120 does not load the upgrade when I boot it with the upgrade on an installed compact flash card.

I've read the FAQ's but I suspect there is a step that I am missing or that is not clear.

Here are the steps I've taken so far:
Downloaded the 5.69 software to my computer.
Formatted a SanDisk 64mb compact flash card as FAT32
copied the two files (autorun.dob and E_AppUpg_Uni.pkg) to the main level of the compact flash card
Insert the card in the E120 with the E120 turned off
Power on the E120

I thought the E120 was supposed to boot into an upgrade screen, but it never does.

I have tried the following:
Tried the steps above on two different E120s, one on my boat, a different unit on a bench. Same result for both.
Tested the CF card by saving waypoints to it. That worked successfully on both E120s.
Tried two other cards, both with larger capacities.
Formatted the card using a standard external CF reader and also using the navonics CF/USB reader that comes with the navonics charts
Formatted the card as standard FAT (Windows 10)

Am I missing something in the upgrade steps, or is there another step I can try?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-24-19, 04:11 PM
RE: [CA11] E120 will not load upgrade
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum YoBub,

You haven't missed anything. Unfortunately, compatibility with the MFD's software (i.e. saving waypoint/route data) does not guarantee that the CF memory card will be compatible with the MFD's bootloader. As indicated within the FAQ on this subject, it has been STRONGLY recommended that should one not possess a CF memory card which has been previously proven to be compatible used in updating the software in one's product, that a compatible CF memory card, populated with the software update files for one's A-Series Classic MFD, C-Series Classic MFD, E-Series Classic MFD, RC400, RC435/RC435i, be ordered from Radar Marine.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply