Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] Replacing RL70C radar/plotter with Axiom and Quantum2
07-04-19, 02:57 AM (This post was last modified: 07-04-19 05:52 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] Replacing RL70C radar/plotter with Axiom and Quantum2
Hi there,

I currently have Autohelm ST5000+ autopilot, Autohelm ST50 instruments (log/depth and wind) and a Pathfinder RL70C radar/plotter on a 36 foot sailing boat, 9 tonnes, 5 feet 11 inches draft.

These are all connected via Seatalk and gps data is provided by a Garmin 120XL.

I am happy with the instruments and autopilot, but I want to upgrade the RL70C to an Axiom 12 MFD and Quantum2 scanner and also add AIS and wifi. The MFD would be located down below at the nav station and the wifi used to mirror to a tablet in the cockpit.

Question 1: Would the Quantum2 and Axiom MFD be compatible with the autopilot and instruments that I already have?
Question 2: Can I use the existing wiring, or will I need to replace / add wiring?

Thanks
Clive
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-26-19, 04:53 AM
RE: [LW11] Replacing RL70C radar/plotter with Axiom and Quantum2
Dear clivej,

Many thanks for your post.

Our seatalk 1 products are compatible with our STng products via our ST1 to STng convertor (part no E22158).

There will be limitations with the autopilot and controls on the Axiom, you will be able to share waypoint and route data but will have no ability to put the pilot in auto or standby via the Axiom.

You will need to change and update cabling for the new products, please contact your local dealer for assistance in your installation. You can find your local dealer via our website here.

Many Thanks
Louise
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply