Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] C70 , AIS via seatalkng2 port?
07-17-19, 06:52 AM (This post was last modified: 07-22-19 02:36 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Information [DG11] C70 , AIS via seatalkng2 port?
I know i can connect my AIS (GX2200E) nav desk to my C70 MFD (in cockpit)via the nmea socket, but i have a newly fitted Evolution autohelm (acu 400) fitted with backbone that runs to my helm. My gps and radar go to the C70 . I have a stand alone fallback gps (Garmin )and Navtex installed too.
So instead can i interface the GX2200E to the seatalkng backbone and connect the C70 to the seatalkng backbone via the seatalkng2 socket on the back? If i can, would i need to for the future?.
I have wireless Tacktic instruments which i may connect later too. I may upgrade the C70 in a couple of years as well. I have a 38ft boat and plan to go further a field, im technically ok, but some of the terminology is new to me thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-24-19, 06:46 AM
RE: [DG11] C70 , AIS via seatalkng2 port?
Hi Daisy 2476

Thank you for your enquiry.

The C70 predated NMEA2000 and STng and so the SeaTalk2 connection is limited, it will not pass AIS data, so the best advice is to leave it connected as it is, connect the new Evolution autopilot via an E22158 SeaTalk to STng converter.

The Wireless equipment can be connected to the STng backbone you will have constructed for the Evolution pilot using a Microtalk Puck. If you upgrade the c70 , then you can switch the replacement over to NMEA2000/ STng and you should be all set.
Thanks
Derek
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply