Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] LH3 3.10 update iTC-5 converter issue
07-23-19, 01:30 PM (This post was last modified: 07-29-19 02:10 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Question [CA11] LH3 3.10 update iTC-5 converter issue
I’ve updated LH3 in version 3.9 few weeks ago, but still after the Power On Reset of all MFDs, I had few times unexpected MFD reboots. Of course far less than before the Power On Reset, and no more reboot loops.
In a goal to possibly fix these last issues I tried to update in version 3.10.39, but I had to face a new problem regarding now iTC-5 converter.
1. After the successful update to 3.10 the system proposed to update iTC-5 firmware to the same version 1.12. It was surprising and tried to update it. However the update was coming back again even after a success.
2. So I decided to proceed to a Power On Reset on all MFDs and to reconfigure from scratch, but the iTC-5 update issue has remained
3. During reconfiguration, I discovered that the iTC-5 converter was now preventing to select manually the Data Sources (transducers, GPS, ...). After discovering that additional issue I rolled back to 3.9 and everything is working fine again.

Is this a bug of 3.10.39 or the iTC-5 interface is no more supported under 3.10?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-29-19, 02:17 PM
RE: [CA11] LH3 3.10 update iTC-5 converter issue
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum

Q. Is this a bug of 3.10.39 or the iTC-5 interface is no more supported under 3.10?
A. This is indeed a bug within LightHouse 3 v3.10.39. Raymarine is presently developing a software correction to this issue. That said, should the system feature an i70/i70S MFID or p70S/p70RS/p70/p70R Autopilot Control Head, then Data Source selection may be performed via one of these devices. Data source selection need only be performed on one of the system's devices and need not be performed within systems featuring only one data source for depth, speed through water, GPS, heading, wind, Datum, and date/time.
08-03-19, 11:59 PM (This post was last modified: 08-05-19 08:37 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
This workaround 'kinda' works. I still do not get any STW on the Axiom though, therefor AWA and tides are always wrong.
08-05-19, 08:41 AM (This post was last modified: 08-05-19 08:42 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
jfitch,

STW would need to be determined by the i70/i70S MFID within the system. The MFD will merely repeat such data and permit dependent features to be used if such data is present. Should the system feature only one source of STW, the there would be no need to configure a Speed source via the Data Sources feature. Accordingly, troubleshooting should begin with the i70/i70S MFID within the system to ensure that STW has been calibrated via the i70/i70S MFID.

As a side note, unlike True Wind, AWA and AWS are not dependent upon STW data.
08-11-19, 12:27 AM (This post was last modified: 08-20-19 10:48 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Sorry, should have said TWA/TWS (which is dependent on speed). There is only one source of STW, and the MFD does not recognize it. It shows 0 always, even though the i70S displays is correctly - so the MDF is not merely repeating it. I will try the new version of LH software when I arrive at a port with sufficient bandwidth to download the rather large file.

Will it be necessary in the future to do a factory reset each time software is upgraded? This must be followed by about an hour of reconfiguring everything, which is a fair burden, and also the loss of some data which there is apparently no way to save.
08-20-19, 01:47 PM
jfitch,

Q. Will it be necessary in the future to do a factory reset each time software is upgraded? This must be followed by about an hour of reconfiguring everything, which is a fair burden, and also the loss of some data which there is apparently no way to save.
A. Understood. Such resets are not the intended action to be undertaken, but have been the result of software defects. It is Raymarine's intention that future updates not require Factory Resets.