Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom PRO Real Vision versus CHIRP
07-24-19, 08:40 PM (This post was last modified: 07-29-19 03:58 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom PRO Real Vision versus CHIRP
The only confusion I now have is weather to buy the MFD with REAL VISION or CHIRP. I am not a fisherman, but really just want a simple contour and to know how much water is underneath me. I would continue to use the B744 transducer with the new set up. SO is one better than another for a person who has 40’ of boat and truly only cruises? Thanks again!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-29-19, 04:02 PM (This post was last modified: 07-29-19 04:02 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Axiom PRO Real Vision versus CHIRP
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Tony,

For your application, the 600W 50kHz/200kHz performance of the B744V should be satisfactory. The low power, high frequency CHIRP sonar imaging supported by a DownVision, CPT-S, or RealVision transducer would provide a bit more detailed image, but again, would not support the cruising application. Should you be interested in identifying underwater structures to the sides of the vessel, then you may want to consider an Axiom Pro RV MFD and a RealVision transducer.
07-29-19, 07:43 PM (This post was last modified: 07-30-19 07:39 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks again Chuck! You have made my choice very easy with this concise information!
07-30-19, 07:39 AM
You're welcome.