Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Stability of eS127 with v3.10.39 - Bermuda
07-25-19, 05:33 PM (This post was last modified: 07-30-19 02:13 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Stability of eS127 with v3.10.39 - Bermuda
Hi,

Do you have any experince yet on whether the v3.10 software is more reliable than the v3.9 with the older eS127 units?

I have two eS127 units that I upgraded to v3.9. One worked pretty reliably, the other had lots issues. It would be swiching zooms, changing screens, and rebooting. All that was after I did the Power On Resets and stopped using sonar logging and tracks.

Finally I went back to the v2.19 software which is where I am now.

Thanks, Hube
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-30-19, 02:20 PM
RE: [CA11] Stability of eS127 with v3.10.39 - Bermuda
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Hube,

LightHouse 3 v3.10.39 software has only been in the field for a couple of weeks now. Feedback has been generally good when a Power ON Factory Reset has been performed on each MFD within the system following the software update and when the MFD's settings have been manually reconfigured rather than restored from a file. Please note that we have received reports of problems from those who have restored settings saved settings from a prior version of LH3 software. Accordingly, it is not recommended that the feature be exercised.
08-02-19, 10:51 AM
I also updated my es127 from LH II to 3.10. First night of use I had two stability issues. The first was that the race countdown timer was not accurate and widely fluctuated, at times, even reversing countdown.

The second, and more importantly, was that vessel position would be start off fine then be off location. It appeared to happen when I rounded marks. A shut down and restart corrected it, but then it would happen again.

I did not do a power on reset after installation. Should I ?
08-05-19, 09:19 AM (This post was last modified: 08-05-19 09:20 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Kevin,

We're sorry to learn of the reported behavior with LH3 v3.10.39. Should the problem be duplicated following the Power On Factory Reset and should the MFD's settings have been manually reconfigured following the Power On Factory Reset operation (i.e. not restored for a file of saved settings), then the following would be recommended:
- a system diagram (hand drawn will generally suffice) identifying the makes and models of each of the marine electronics devices within the system (including computers / tablets running navigational planning / chartplotting applications) may be be requested to support an investigation. The diagram should additionally identify how these devices have been interfaced to one another.

- the system's Ethernet and SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 device data (HOME->SET-UP->NETWORK->DIAGNOSTICS->PRODUCT INFO->SAVE DATA)

- the MFD's logs (HOME->SET-UP->NETWORK->DIAGNOSTICS->SAVE LOGS)

- the MFD's crash logs (HOME->SET-UP->NETWORK->DIAGNOSTICS->SAVE MFDS CRASH LOGS)

- the MFD's system logs (HOME->SET-UP->NETWORK->DIAGNOSTICS->SAVE SYSTEM LOGS)

These items may be attached to a response to this thread. Upon receiving this supporting data, a problem report will be logged to investigate the problem using received data and to seek its correction within the next software update.

Should the system be too unstable to use, then it would be recommended that the MFD's software be downgraded to LHII v19.03.
08-05-19, 09:39 AM
Chuck,

Thank you for the response, however I was able to rectify the issue over the weekend. I will attempt to explain what I did.

Initially what I noticed was that the clock was erratic. Also, despite the homepage indicating I had a fix (white lat long), and the GPS state page saying "fix", no satellites were showing on the appropriate screen. As mentioned earlier, the MFD did show my location, and it would be accurate at times, then be off by up to 1/4 mile. I do not have an external GPS antenna, therefore the system was set correctly with regard to using internal GPS.

Going from memory now, I navigated to a page that allowed for where to choose GPS datum. There was an option for NMEA 0183xxx, and this was checked. There was not actually the "[censored]" after the 0183, but a number in parenthesis that I cant recall. I unchecked it and picked the appropriate one, and all is fine now.

It should be worth noting that the system worked fine with LHII when I updated to III, and followed the instructions implicitly. Somehow the update made the switch.

I have no other GPS devices aboard
08-06-19, 08:21 AM
Kevin,

Settings are not retained when updating from LHII to LH3. It would be expected that the system would default to Auto selection of Data Sources. Within such are GPS and GPS datum. When so configured, the system will prioritize NMEA 0183 sources over other sources. It is possible that one of the devices which has been interfaced to the system is looping NMEA 0183 data (i.e. re-transmitting received NMEA 0183 sentences) or is otherwise providing data to the system via its NMEA 0183 communications interface. Accordingly, it would be recommended that the MFD's Data Sources feature be used to manually specify which source will be be used for GPS, Time & Date, and Datum data items. It wouldn't hurt to check the other data items supported by the Data Sources feature to ensure that NMEA 0183 has not been listed as a data source for those items. If so and not desired, the the Data Sources feature should be use to manually specify which data sources will be used by the system. Please note that this feature may be executed via a MFD, i70/i70S MFID, or p70/p70R/p70S/p70RS autopilot control head, but only need be executed via one of these devices.