Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom talking to ST70 pilot control
07-27-19, 10:10 AM (This post was last modified: 07-31-19 01:50 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom talking to ST70 pilot control
I recently installed an Axiom but it doesn’t seem to communicate with the pilot. I understand it cannot directly control the X10 pilot but I was told by Raymarine tech support that the Axiom can control the pilot through the “go to” function. However, I have tried this with no success. Also I read that Axiom should upgrade software on other Raymarine items on the network but this also does not work. When I tried the upgrade software function the ST70 pilot control does not show up on the Axiom screen. The pilot works and the Axiom works but it seem they are not talking.

However, there appears to be some communication between the two as the Axiom does display wind, speed, depth, temp, etc from the network.

I need some help to get the system working. Thanks in advance for any advice you may provide.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-31-19, 02:11 PM
RE: [CA11] Axiom talking to ST70 pilot control
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum John,

For clarification purposes, commanding navigation (i.e. commanding Go To Cursor / Waypoint or Follow Route) from a MFD running LightHouse 3 software will not automatically engage any autopilot other than an Evolution autopilot. Within such systems, the autopilot's control head must be used to command the autopilot into Track mode after first having commanded navigation via the MFD. SPX autopilot component should not be interfaced to the system via a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. Instead, the ST70 Autopilot Control Head and SPX Autopilot Course computer must each instead be interfaced as an individual spur to the system's powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone.

SPX autopilot components must be updated with the latest available software or they may not support proper communications with MFDs running LightHouse 3 or LightHouse II software. Unfortunately, SPX autopilot components are not designed to be updated by Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom MFD. Should you have one of the legacy MFDs which were designed to update software within SPX autopilot components (see the SPX Autopilot Course Computer software update web page and ST70 Autopilot Control Head software update web page, then the software within these components may be updated by a Certified Raymarine Installer or by Raymarine’s Product Repair Center.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply