Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Linear drive compatibility with newer AP
07-30-19, 07:24 PM (This post was last modified: 08-02-19 01:57 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Linear drive compatibility with newer AP
I have an old Autohelm ST6000 with a non-indicating control unit only, it hasn't worked since I got the boat, the popular opinion from postings online is to try a new fluxgate compass, which I'll do because it's a relatively cheap option, the other stumper being if it does work, how to calibrate with only a non-indicating control unit? Baring that, if my type 1 linear drive unit is working, would it be compatible if I were to buy a new ev-200 sail evolution autopilot minus the linear drive unit?
I'm estimating this old autopilot to be 30 years old, attaching a pic of the linear drive and course computer.
Thanx

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-02-19, 02:09 PM (This post was last modified: 08-02-19 02:13 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Linear drive compatibility with newer AP
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Daryl,

Q. If my type 1 linear drive unit is working, would it be compatible if I were to buy a new ev-200 sail evolution autopilot minus the linear drive unit?
A. Yes, as it appears that your Type 1 linear drive features both clutch and power leads. As you have indicated Raymarine offers the T70158 EV-200 Linear for those needing a Type 1 Linear Drive. Raymarine also offers the T70155 EV-200 Sail for those having a compatible and operational Type 1 Linear Drive who are seeking to upgrade to an Evolution autopilot.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply