Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] DSM30 with unkown tranducer, might be Furuno. Possible to get readings?
08-01-19, 05:25 AM (This post was last modified: 08-08-19 02:46 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] DSM30 with unkown tranducer, might be Furuno. Possible to get readings?
I purchased a boat a year and a half ago, with wrecked engine. Long story, but I managed to get it running. There is a transducer installed, through hull, with a Fuji connector. Cable is branded Airmar, but I can not find any other labels on it.

Then, by chance, I found a used DSM30 and a C70 Raymarine for a few coins. I have tried for a year now to find a transducer for this echo sounder without any luck. I found one P66 which were supposed to match, but the connector looked more like Standard Horizon. Part number on this is 31-493-1-01, and I have not been able to find this online. I found a 31-492-1-01, which was a P58 with Generic marking.

So I am still stuck. That is why I would risk to try to connect my existing transducer to the DSM30. I know that this is not recommended, and it might not work. As I understand, the DSM30 needs a sense signal in addition to negative and positive depth. I found a diagram suggesting to strip leads from pin 4 and 5, attached here. (if I managed to attach it)

And then take the positive and negative pins from the Fuji connector in on pin 6 and 7 on the DSM. Also attached diagram. (same as above)

So what would I risk? To burn the DSM? To burn the boat, and all other boats in the harbour? To simply ruin both transducer and DSM module?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-15-19, 07:12 AM
RE: [LW11] DSM30 with unkown tranducer, might be Furuno. Possible to get readings?
Dear Perola,

I cannot comment on any of your suggestions here, you should always use the transducer designed for the manufacturers sounding module. If you would like to know the transducers compatible with the DSM300, our current CP370 uses the same transducers as the DSM300. You can view these under the transducer tab on our website here.

Many Thanks
Louise
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply