Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] problem converting FSH to GPX
08-01-19, 09:37 AM (This post was last modified: 08-05-19 10:41 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] problem converting FSH to GPX
Chuck attached is the file we spoke about yesterday. The conversion process says successful but the GPX file is not created or has 0 bytes.

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-05-19, 10:43 AM
RE: [CA11] problem converting FSH to GPX
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum mhoullis,

Please note that no Archive.fsh file was attached to your thread. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how to add attachments to a thread or post. Please update your initial thread or add a post with this attachment.
08-08-19, 12:39 PM
Hope I got it right this time.
08-08-19, 02:10 PM
mhoullis,

The MFD is creating a file of the correct name (Archive.fsh), but not waypoint data is being saved within this file. If you had commanded the MFD to save waypoints, then this act would have created the specified file. However, the content of the data stored within the MFD's waypoint memory may be responsible for not properly saving this data to the CF memory card. Should you identify the model of MFD, then I may be able to specify the exact command sequence to save the waypoint data to the CF memory card.
08-08-19, 03:56 PM
The mfd's are networked E80 classics. After we spoke on the phone I went back to the boat to re-do the procedure and check for funky characters in the waypoint name. However when I tried to review the waypoints the list was empty. I repowered a few times which did not help. I aslo tried on both displays
As we speak the new Axiom's are in and the E80's are out. Do I have any options as I do not have a manual log
08-20-19, 01:24 PM (This post was last modified: 08-20-19 01:25 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
mhoullis,

Within a system of E-Series Classic MFDs, only waypoint, route, and track data is only stored within the system's Data Master MFD. This data is then shared with the system's other networked MFDs. Accordingly, should the MFD which you had examined not been the system's Data Master E-Series Classic MFD before they were removed, then I would expect that its waypoint, route, and track lists would have been empty. Examining the other MFD's waypoint list should reveal this data. If so, then this MFD should be used to produce the archive.fsh file. However, should the other MFD's waypoint list be empty, then this data would appear to be permanently lost.