Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Rudder indicator
08-02-19, 02:30 PM (This post was last modified: 08-05-19 03:02 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Rudder indicator
At present I have a vintage Raystar 650(?) auto pilot. It runs alone not interfaced with anything. It is fully functional. I have e97 and e127 MFD’s, networked with Raystar 130, B744 Transducer and Q2 radar. The e97 is the master. I have bought an evolution auto pilot EV200.
Question,

Can I use the existing ruder indicator sensor with this?

Once I set up the pilot system, do I link it together with the MFD’s by running a network cable from the blue socket on the MFD network to the blue socket to the Autopilot network?

Thank. You!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-05-19, 03:07 PM
RE: [CA11] Rudder indicator
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Tony,

Q1. Can I use the existing ruder indicator sensor with this?
A1. It is quite possible that you may indeed be able to re-use the existing rudder reference transducer if it looks like the one pictured below. If not, then please specify the model of autopilot course computer which is installed onboard. The RayPilot 650 is an autopilot control head, not a full autopilot or course computer.

[Image: 51N1KmAOtyL._SL1000_.jpg]

Q2. Once I set up the pilot system, do I link it together with the MFD’s by running a network cable from the blue socket on the MFD network to the blue socket to the Autopilot network?
A2. Yes. An appropriate length of SeaTalkng Backbone Cable would be used to join the backbone to which the autopilot components have been connected to the backbone which the MFD has been connected.
08-05-19, 07:02 PM (This post was last modified: 08-06-19 07:57 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Yes, my rudder indicator is the same as pictured. I will now run the specific components to the auto pilot back bone, and link with a cable to the MFD back bone. You made this simple Chuck! thank you again for your clear and concise answers!

Tony
08-06-19, 07:58 AM
You're welcome.