Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] No GPS Info on MFD GPS Status Page
12-09-19, 09:04 AM
RE: [CA11] No GPS Info on MFD GPS Status Page
magic8,

Within my prior response, I specified the following five actions:
1) a GPS restart has been commanded, and ... no answer provided

2) should the Raystar 150 GPS Sensor be installed in a location affording it unobstructed view of the skies overhead, and ... your photo appears to indicate that the GPS Sensor (as duct taped to the overhead would be a satisfactory location ... except for times when the boom (which appears to have relatively low clearance over the hard top) is positioned directly over the top to the GPS sensor. At such times, GPS accuracy may drop off and produce degraded position updates (as appear within your track)

3) should the GPS sensor have been interfaced per the FAQ found here, and ... no answer provided. Failure to install the manner specified within the referenced FAQ may also prevent the MFD's GPS Status dialog from fully populating. As you have not responded, it is my suspicion that the MFD's SeaTalk (not SeaTalk2 / NMEA 2000) port has been interfaced to the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter ... or that the MFD's SeaTalk port has been interfaced to a powered SeaTalk bus which in turn has been interfaced to the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter.

4) should the GPS sensor have been separated from other antennas per the FAQ found here, ... your photo appears to indicate that the GPS Sensor (as duct taped to the overhead) is not located near other RF emitters (VHF antennas, radar transducer, etc.).

If not specified previously, please additionally ensure that the MFD has been updated with the final E-Series Classic MFD software update (v5.69).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] No GPS Info on MFD GPS Status Page - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 12-09-19 09:04 AM