Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] Updating ESeries with Micro
08-07-19, 08:53 PM (This post was last modified: 08-15-19 11:44 PM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Updating ESeries with Micro
I have been trying to update es Series with current Raymarine download from sent email by Raymairne using Micro Chip. I have 2 MFD (helm and below). Inserting card. turning back on but no download start up. What am I doing wrong?

Mike
SV T4000
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-15-19, 11:53 PM (This post was last modified: 08-15-19 11:54 PM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Updating ESeries with Micro
Hello Mike,

The most common causes of problems are:
  1. Copying the complete downloaded Zip file onto the MicroSD card instead of unzipping it first
  2. Unzipping the downloaded file, but copying the folder that it unzipped to onto the card instead of the individual files.
  3. A corrupted download (quite common)
  4. Pulling the card out of the computer before the computer has quite finished copying the files to the card. It takes a little while after the progress bar disappears and everything looks like it's finished because computers use 'write buffering' and 'write caching' in order to speed up transfers and reduce 'wear' on flash devices. Make sure you right-click and do 'Eject' on the card before you remove it from the computer.
  5. A large-capacity card that's formatted in ExFAT filesystem instead of FAT32 or NTFS. The latter two work, the former doesn't with our displays. ExFAT is common on large-capacity cards.
  6. A failing card. MicroSDs are made in very large volumes at very low cost and they have a high failure rate.

Detailed update instructions are at http://www.raymarine.com/display/?id=12280

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply