Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] lost IP cameras after axiom LH3 3.10 sw update
08-07-19, 09:00 PM (This post was last modified: 08-19-19 02:06 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] lost IP cameras after axiom LH3 3.10 sw update
Axiom MFDs (2) with LH3
cameras and MFD connected via raynet switches
3 IP cameras have worked fine with ALL axiom sw versions from launch untill upgrade this month to V3.10.42 (latest)
No changes were previously required after prev sw upgrade (cameras continued to appear and work as normal)

Cameras are 3rd party IP (“dahua”), all settings per the IP camera FAQ on this forum.
worked fine untill after upgrade to latest 3.10.

Using PC, can find cameras IP address and view them on the “axiom ethernet lan”
cameras are being allocated (as expected) IP address by axiom
(10.22.1.[censored] 10.22.2.[censored] 10.22.3.[censored])
Can view cameras OK using PC browser.
Settings checked and reconfirmed (eg 1080P resolution, ONVIF authentication = OFF , DHCP dynamic )
have tried multiple reboot of MFDs (2)

The LH3 sw update log/details - does NOT mention any changes relevant to
cameras

Camera application says “camera not yet available”
all 3 cameras exhibit same
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-16-19, 12:36 AM (This post was last modified: 08-19-19 02:06 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [TG11] lost IP cameras after axiom LH3 3.10 sw update
Hello sunnycoastgreg,

I'm sorry to say that we can't offer a lot of support for this, because only Raymarine cameras are approved for us. This is at least in part because there are such a large range of IP cameras of varying quality out there that it's unfeasible for us to test even a fraction of them, and very few of the non-Raymarine IP cameras out there are fit for use in a marine environment (condensation, marine EMC compliance, salt-corrosion resistance, temperature range tolerance etc.)

We have made no deliberate changes to restrict IP video sources as far as I am aware, and have just tested and can confirm that my test Axis M7011 encoder still works in v3.10.42.

A factory reset on the MFDs might help, but other than that the only other thing I can suggest is that perhaps your installer/system-integrator might find some clues in the ethernet traffic between the cameras and MFDs. If this problem were reported with Raymarine cameras I would be using an ethernet tap and Wireshark software to analyse the traffic between the two.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
08-16-19, 05:51 AM (This post was last modified: 08-19-19 02:06 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
thanks for your response,
Im aware that you dont support non raymarine cameras
however the cameras were working just fine and have done so for 2 years through all LH3 SW upgrades untill bermuda.
I intially installed one camera - used it for 18 months, and after having no problems thru multiple sw upgrades - installed 2 more at considerable cost and effort.
Now none work (with LH3 Bermuda) .....hence the frustration.

The config of cameras has not changed & all 3 exhibit same “not available” message.
The cameras are configured IDENTICAL to a Raymarine IP camera... (per FAQ).
The cameras ARE visible on the LAN - using ONVIF viewer application,
which was used both in earlier and now bermuda enviroment.
So Im very confident that again, nothing has changed & the cameras are
present & viewable on the Axiom/LH3 managed LAN.
I note that the IP address seem to change - for no apparent reason (under DHCP control of the MFDs).

I will not get into details on camera comparisons , however Im extremely confident the cameras Im using are equivalent in quality (if not identical ) to raymarine (branded) cameras.
However this is not relevant to the issue.

I note your view that nothing has changed in LH3 bermuda that would impact this,
but its difficult to reconcile this with my testing.

Any information on how I can “reset” and force Axiom to delete and re-acquire cameras would be appreciated,
obviously i have already reset/restarted cameras, and likewise the LH3 upgrades restarted Axioms...
08-17-19, 06:50 AM (This post was last modified: 08-19-19 02:06 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
saved user data and settings, and did a factory reset.
Still no change,
then disconnected all cameras, reset again and then reconnected one at a time.
discovered that two cameras work ok, however the “older” camera installed with original LH3 sw, was causing problem,
as soon as its connected, all others dissapear from axiom also.

The “older” camera has an earlier version of ONVIF support, which is the
only explanation I can find for why under LH 3.10 bermuda it
no longer works.
As soon as its disconnected from the LAN, the other cameras appear immediately on axiom.

something definitely changed between Lh 3.9 and LH 3.10 that has caused this.
.. so i will be replacing the camera, and hope that future LH3 changes dont
again break this.

.. seperate post will detail some issues identified in factory reset.
08-20-19, 01:44 AM
I'm glad to hear that you've found a pattern/trigger of a sort.

I have spoken with our product managers and confirmed my previous knowledge that there's been no deliberate change to our ONVIF/IP support, but then we don't formally and explicitly support ONVIF in our MFDs (we do in many of our thermal cameras.)

Clues as to what is happening will lie in the ethernet traffic in the system, but you'd need someone who was comfortable working with that data, and an ethernet tap (port-mirroring switch) in order to eavesdrop on what's being said between the MFD and the rest of the network in order to say for sure. I don't have access to the find details of what's included in each software release, but it could be something like an up-issue in a third-party library in the ONVIF software stack which no longer fully supports the older ONVIF revision of that camera.

What ONVIF revisions are the working and non-working cameras?

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
08-29-19, 12:30 PM
I have GS displays and cam 210/220 and a flir 625-CS.

I lost all but my engine room flir ax8 when I did the updated. Talked to raymarine support over an hour. Tried factory’s reset, reinstalling 3.10, didn’t work. I downgrade to 3.94 a d it worked just as it did before.
09-09-19, 12:27 AM
Hello Samblankenhagen,

Where did it get left with the Support staff you were talking to?
I haven't seen anything pop up about this in our internal issue-tracking database, but what I'd be doing if you were here in Australia is seeing if we could get one of our technical service dealers to capture the network traffic between the cameras and MFD so that we can verify if there's a bug and if so, where it lies. Once we had that data we'd log it to our internal issue tracker.

Was the system installed by a Raymarine Service Dealer? If so, I think they would be the one to capture that data. I would be happy to help with any advice that might be needed about what data to capture and how.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.