Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Temperature on fishfinder is more than 9.9 degrees in error
01-07-16, 06:37 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-17 02:10 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)

Raymarine fishfinding products support +/- 9.9 degrees of temperature offset to adjust for thermistor error. Should the temperature reported by a fishfinder differ by more than 9.9 degrees from the actual temperature, then it would be indicate a failure of the transducer's thermistor requiring replacement of the transducer or installation of a separate thru-hull or transom mounted fishfinder speed/temp transducer. Raymarine fishfinder speed/temp transducers features a Y-Cable permitting the speed/temp transducer's cable to be mated to the current fishfinder transducer's cable and to the transducer port of a CP370 (also for the CP300, DSM300, DSM30, and DSM250). The following transducers may be used for such purposes:
- E66019 ST69 Plastic Transom Mount Speed and Temp Sensor (retired)
- E66072 B120-ST800 Bronze Low Profile Speed and Temp Transducer
- E66071 P120-ST800 Plastic Low Profile Through Hull Speed and Temp Transducer

An alternative method of restoring temperature would be interface add an instrument display support temperature sensing and a compatible transducer. As such interfacing any of the following will restore temperature to the system:
- i40 Bidata System
- i50 Tridata System
- i70 with iTC-5 and thru-hull or transom mounted instrument speed/temperature transducer.

RAYFAQ#
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed