Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Adding Element S to STNG network with Axiom 9
08-09-19, 06:31 AM (This post was last modified: 11-14-19 07:44 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] Adding Element S to STNG network with Axiom 9
I have Axiom 9 networked with EV1 sensor, AIS 700, Evolution Autohelm, T101 wireless wind system with micro talk gateway and all is working perfectly. I purchased an Element S 7 to have at the helm for close quarters and night time navigation and have had differing advice as to whether I can put the Element S into the same network as the Axiom 9 so I can at least have AIS and heading(EV1 sensor) data at the helm vide the Element S. Is this possible or will it conflict due to having the Axiom 9 in the same network?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-20-19, 02:31 AM (This post was last modified: 11-14-19 07:45 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [TG11] Adding Element S to STNG network with Axiom 9
Hello Indulgence,

At the current time, you cannot put these displays into the same NMEA2000 network. The Element will prompt a warning saying that an incompatible MFD has been detected and will not be usable until this has been disconnected and the Element power-cycled afterwards.

I don't have information on the exact reason for this, but I would guess that it's to do with the different ways the displays' different software synchronise things like data-source selection.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
11-14-19, 05:03 PM (This post was last modified: 11-14-19 07:46 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Tom, does this also apply to adding two Element chart plotters on the same SeatalkNG network?

I currently have an Element 9s under the sprayhood connected to EVO 100 and Ray 50 VHF plus Em Trak AIS transponder. An older Garmin 555s sits on the helm console but would like to replace this at some point.

Regards Peter
11-19-19, 11:26 PM
Hello Peter,

Two Element displays can be present on the same STng/NMEA200 network. They will sync Waypoint and Route data that is created, edited or deleted, as long as both units are on when the action is performed. Waypoints and Routes created prior to networking the Elements or those created when only one Element is powered on will need to be saved on a MicroSD card and transferred to the second unit manually. The Elements cannot share radar, chart, sounder or other graphical data because the NMEA2000 network is too slow to convey that sort of data: to do that sort of thing, you would need Axioms.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
12-05-19, 08:43 AM
Tom, many thanks for the reply, looks like a second Element 9 is on the cards when the Garmin finally gives up the ghost.

Regards Pete