Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] i70S w. elbow spur connector, space requirement?
08-21-19, 03:04 PM (This post was last modified: 08-22-19 03:54 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] i70S w. elbow spur connector, space requirement?
I am considering installing a i70S display in a location where the space depthwise for the spur connector + cable is very limited. It might still be possible by using the elbow spur cable A06042.
I would be grateful if someone could tell me the minimum space requirement for this combination, i.e. the necessary distance in mm between the surface of the instrument pod and the 'back wall'.
Kind regards
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-23-19, 04:48 AM
RE: [LW11] i70S w. elbow spur connector, space requirement?
Dear SYBY,

Thank you for your post.

The minimum advisable clearance for the angle of the connector is 50mm, allow a couple of mm between the connector and outside surface.

Many Thanks
Louise
08-23-19, 07:48 AM (This post was last modified: 08-23-19 11:59 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Louise,

thanks for your reply.
My wording was probably a bit unclear, I will try to elaborate and rephrase my question:

I intend to install the instrument on a wooden bulkhead. However, I am not willing to cut a [censored] in the bulkhead to accommodate the recessed part of the instrument or the connector/cable. Instead I will make a wooden 'frame' or 'box' to serve as an instrument pod, attached to the bulkhead. The cable will come in through a [censored] in the bottom or sidewall of the frame.
What I need to find out is the minimum thickness of this frame.
The dimensional drawing for the i70S shows that there is space requirement of 29.8mm for the recessed part, including the 'locking ring'. To this measurement must be added the space requirement for the elbow connector of the A06042, when mated to the instrument – which is really the piece of information I am missing.
I understand and accept that I will need to unmount the instrument to disconnect the cable.
Thanks for your patience.
SYBY
08-30-19, 06:26 AM
Dear SYBY,

Thank you for your post.

I have measured a right angled mated to a STng port, the distance from the back of the instrument to the top of the angle is approx 42mm, therefore 50mm will provide enough clearance for you.

I hope this is what you are after.

Many Thanks
Louise
08-31-19, 02:08 AM
(08-30-19 06:26 AM)Louise - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  Dear SYBY,

Thank you for your post.

I have measured a right angled mated to a STng port, the distance from the back of the instrument to the top of the angle is approx 42mm, therefore 50mm will provide enough clearance for you.

I hope this is what you are after.

Many Thanks
Louise

Excellent, thank you.
09-02-19, 10:05 AM
You are welcome.