The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11]Speed (through water) and Wind speed not working, Wind angle and Depth are fine
08-09-19, 03:42 PM (This post was last modified: 08-14-19 03:52 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11]Speed (through water) and Wind speed not working, Wind angle and Depth are fine
I installed a new Raymarine masthead wind transducer this spring and connected it to an existing ITC-5 and keep having strange symptoms:
- upon powering up the system wind speed works fine, but after a couple minutes it slowly drops to zero, sometimes increasing a bit, but never showing the correct speed anymore.
- Depth and water temperature are coming through fine, but through water speed isn't, it is always zero.

I have measured the voltages of the different wires of the masthead unit and they are all in good range.

I have disconnected all other components from the StNG backbone except the I70 display and the ITC-5, but the problems remain.

It seems odd to me that both wind speed and through water speed don't work and the rest does. Could this be the same issue?

Any suggestions to investigate further are much appreciated, would really like this to work.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[LW11]Speed (through water) and Wind speed not working, Wind angle and Depth are fine - barhee - 08-09-19 03:42 PM