Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Correct Settings, and correct for AIS
08-12-19, 06:13 PM (This post was last modified: 08-21-19 11:00 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Correct Settings, and correct for AIS
Can someone tell me if my dual axiom Pro's RVX are set up correctly?.
Have the new AIS700, and new sr200 weather. Have my NMEA Port 1 and NMEA Port 2 both set at AIS 38400. Should 1 side be on 4800?? Both units are in sync mode.
Also, my transmission is on single ended. Entire system has the high speed network hs5,NMEA 2000.
Not sure if that's correct, and please advise.
Thanks!
Current equipment if it matters;
CP570.
RV212 Transducers.
R109LH Transducer.
Type 2 with 70 head unit Autopilot.
12kw 6' Magnum radar.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-21-19, 11:09 AM (This post was last modified: 08-21-19 11:12 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Correct Settings, and correct for AIS
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Fish On,

AIS700 will be typically be interfaced as a spur the system's powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone to which the system's Data Master MFD has also been interfaced as spur. Should a system potentially grow in the future, then this would be the recommended method of interfacing an AIS receiver or transceiver to the system. As your system appears to feature a Raymarine autopilot which may be interfaced to the system via the aforementioned backbone, then this would be the preferred method to use when interfacing the AIS700 to the system. Should the backbone not feature any vacant spur (white) sockets, then please click here to view a FAQ addressing how additional spur sockets may be added to the backbone.

For those seeking to interface an AIS700 to the system via NMEA 0183 communications, then it will typically be interfaced to the Port 1 NMEA 0183 leads of either Axiom Pro MFD's Power/NMEA 0183/Video Input Cable. The NMEA 0183 port setting for that MFD's Port 1 alone should be configured to AIS 38400. Raymarine equipment featuring a NMEA 0183 communications interface is designed to support differential NMEA 0183 communications and the port should be configured accordingly. AIS data from the MFD having the AIS interfaced to it will be shared with the system's other MFDs via Ethernet (SeaTalkhs / RayNet) communications.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply