Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] New install CPT-110 not found
08-13-19, 02:27 AM (This post was last modified: 08-21-19 01:55 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] New install CPT-110 not found
I have a ES98 MFD and have just chased in a 3m extension for the transponder taken to the boat this season after realising it would be needed when installing our upgrade last season.

Following the instructions I placed the largest part of the head of the transponder over the side of the boat to test.

I have no fish finder recognised on the MFD and discovery of devices does not list it. I tried then connecting the transponder direct to the rear of the MFD with same result.

It is a brand new install although the transponder was purchased in December 2017 but when I opened the box the serial number label says 2013 so rather old stock.

Do I need to switch on the circuitry to activate the transponder?

Is there a way of telling if the mfd or the transponder is at fault? I am back on Lighthouse 2 software as I liked the direct autopilot control for our legacy S3g course computer.

Jem

Oceanis 40 es98 CPT110, AIS 650 dedicated aerial and gps, two i70s, transponder - digital depth speed temperature -ST60 masthead wind via analogue to stng pod, P70s control head, Seatalkng to Seatalk interface to S3g autopilot to type 2 linear drive & Ray240e VHF both aquiring gps via Seatalk interface.
Find all posts by this user
08-23-19, 03:42 AM
RE: [DG11] New install CPT-110 not found
Dear developers,

Thank you for your post.

Can you confirm if you are running Lighthouse2 v19.03 in the eS98?

Can you confirm the extension you are using is a Raymarine transducer extension cable and not an extension that has been made for the purpose by yourself or a third party?

Are there any error messages being displayed in the eS98 in the fishfinder app?

In the fishfinder app>menu>channel - have you the option to select this to CPT110 DV?

The transducer does not requires a manual switch on, the CPT110 is powered from the eS98 automatically when connected, you should hear a fast tick come from the transducer when it is powered on. Can you hear this?

Many Thanks
Louise
08-24-19, 06:38 AM (This post was last modified: 08-26-19 08:52 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I will be on the boat again in a few days. I will respond fully then. The extension is the Raymarine part. In any event I get the same situation with and without the extension cable so I have eliminated that making a difference.

So far as the transducer is concerned I only powered the MFD when the transducer is dangled just into the sea. Is it safe to power up whilst out of the water to listen for the ticking sound?

Thanks for the assistance. Jem

Oceanis 40 es98 CPT110, AIS 650 dedicated aerial and gps, two i70s, transponder - digital depth speed temperature -ST60 masthead wind via analogue to stng pod, P70s control head, Seatalkng to Seatalk interface to S3g autopilot to type 2 linear drive & Ray240e VHF both aquiring gps via Seatalk interface.
08-26-19, 10:35 AM
Hi Louise
Thanks for the help.

Can you confirm if you are running Lighthouse2 v19.03 in the eS98?
Yes

Can you confirm the extension you are using is a Raymarine transducer extension cable and not an extension that has been made for the purpose by yourself or a third party?

Yes and no sonar detected with or without extension

Are there any error messages being displayed in the eS98 in the fishfinder app?

Yes - No sonar source available

In the fishfinder app>menu>channel - have you the option to select this to CPT110 DV?

No option to select any transponder.

The transducer does not requires a manual switch on, the CPT110 is powered from the eS98 automatically when connected, you should hear a fast tick come from the transducer when it is powered on. Can you hear this?

No ticking sound at all.

Regards

Jem

08-27-19, 06:30 AM
Hi,
It is fine to run the transducer while the boat is out of the water - these transducers are low power.

Thanks
Derek
08-27-19, 06:31 AM
Hi Jem,

This would all generally point towards there being an issue with the built in sonar in the display, which should be sent to one of our service facilities for further investigation.
Thanks
Derek
08-28-19, 01:45 AM (This post was last modified: 08-28-19 10:05 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Not the answer I hoped for!

I'll get it out in the next few days and get it to UK service centre.

Thanks for your advice.

Regards

Jem

Thread Closed