Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD v17.45 failed to update EV-1 Sensor Core software
06-13-16, 04:16 PM
RE: a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD v17.45 failed to update EV-1 Sensor Core software
I had the same problem with the EV-1 Course Computer "Time Out" during installation or R17. I followed these instructions with the noted modification and it updated successfully.

6) should the remote device fail to update as a result of performing steps 1-5 above and the individual software update download file be a .iso file, then it is recommended that
a) the Data Master MFD be switched OFF
b) the microSD memory card be removed from the MFD's memory card reader
c) the software update files be deleted from the microSD memory card (using a computer)
d) the software update iso file for the device which failed to update be downloaded from Raymarine's web site and that it be copied to the root level directory of the microSD memory card.

New...
I disconnected all spur cables, in my case just the ACU but left the EV-1 Sensor AND the p70 control head connected.

e) the Data Master MFD be switched ON and permitted to complete startup initialization
f) the microSD memory card containing the only the software update files for the device to be updated be inserted into the Data Master MFD's memory card reader
g) the MFD be commanded to Check Card For Updates (HOME->SET-UP->MAINTENANCE->CHECK CARD FOR UPDATES) and that the MFD then be commanded to update the device which had timed out during the update once more.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD v17.45 failed to update EV-1 Sensor Core software - mswanicke - 06-13-16 04:16 PM