Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] LH3.10 factory reset/save settings
08-17-19, 07:06 AM (This post was last modified: 08-22-19 02:09 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] LH3.10 factory reset/save settings
for your information .

Prior to a LH3.10 factory reset - saved “user data” & “settings” to
SDcard.
Did factory reset & then reinstalled user data and settings from file.

Noted the following “errors” after reinstall settings:
1) all units in boat settings were previously set to meters,
however after above, depth settings reverted to “feet”.
(other units - including height, beam & length - all reinstalled correctly to meters)
2) transducer settings did NOT correctly reinstall.
prior to factory reset it was “waterline”, and after reset and reinstall
settings, it was at “below transducer”
note that I also noticed this same behaviour occured in the LH 3.9 to LH 3.10 update.
In all prior updates, it correctly retained this across upgrade process.
*** this is quite alarming, because there is no indication how its set - unless you check under settings.. or as in my case have a consistent water level
at my pontoon, and noted the sudden change... in my case its over 0.7m difference... dangerous in my shallow waters ..
3) AIS
after factory reset, all AIS comms were lost, despite the axiom N2K diagnostics confirming N2k presence of the AIS transponder AND AIS messages.
After unsuccesfull reboots of Axiom,
the only way to get AIS recognised, was to shutdown power to N2K network, power off axiom at cct breakers and then restart axiom followed by N2K (with AIS)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-26-19, 01:00 AM
RE: [TG11] LH3.10 factory reset/save settings
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Would you still have a copy of the problem settings backup that you could send to us so that we can have a look and see if we can see what went wrong?

Thanks,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
08-27-19, 08:02 AM (This post was last modified: 08-27-19 08:08 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Tom,

Just so you know I had the exact same issue as well.

-Jon
09-05-19, 06:34 PM
apologies for delay - i have been cruising and couldnt access
the backup file.

attached are two backup files (approx 1 week apart - im not sure which of
these had the issue - although both may have)

(08-26-19 01:00 AM)Tom - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Would you still have a copy of the problem settings backup that you could send to us so that we can have a look and see if we can see what went wrong?

Thanks,
Tom
09-05-19, 06:35 PM
(08-26-19 01:00 AM)Tom - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Would you still have a copy of the problem settings backup that you could send to us so that we can have a look and see if we can see what went wrong?

Thanks,
Tom
09-09-19, 12:20 AM
Hello sunnycoastgreg,

Thanks for sending those backups, however I'm sorry to say that they're user-data (waypoints/routes/tracks) rather than settings backups. Your settings should be \Raymarine\My Data\Settings_(date).lh3 on the SD card, by default. If you can send me your .lh3 file that would be great.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
09-10-19, 07:01 PM
apologies for the earlier wrong file

correct file now attached.
pls note that the forum reply did not allow me to attach a ".lh3" file
i kept getting an error message that this type of file attachment was not allowed.
i hence changed the file name to "settings.txt" before it would accept it
as an attachment.

it is definitey the lh3 file.

hopefully this may help.

(09-09-19 12:20 AM)Tom - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  Hello sunnycoastgreg,

Thanks for sending those backups, however I'm sorry to say that they're user-data (waypoints/routes/tracks) rather than settings backups. Your settings should be \Raymarine\My Data\Settings_(date).lh3 on the SD card, by default. If you can send me your .lh3 file that would be great.

Regards,
Tom
09-10-19, 11:17 PM
Thanks. I've tried restoring that setup into my system and it remains in metres for depth units and retains the same depth offset that I had before, but I've attached your settings file to my issue report in order to help with the investigation into the root cause in case other instances come up.

Tom

Raymarine since 1999.