Depth Reading error (i70 & a95 MFD)
Greetings,

I have:

a95 MFD
i70 Display
P70 A/P
iTC-5 Converter
DST-800 Triducer

With respect to depth, I'm having a sporadic problem. I updated the firmware on the various units including the V17 Lighthouse software. I got some error message which caused me to reset the MFD. I got everything re-configured but now I'm getting a bad reading on depth. Unlike the i50 problem discussed earlier, I'm getting 2.2 when it should be 12.2 as verified by the boats next to me. The unit is clear/clean. I her out (fixing the magnetic issue with the AP) but depth in 120ft showed 12, jumping to 2.2, back to 12.

Is there a software configuration or test, etc. that I can do given I reset the systems so I may have done something. Are there any other suggestions to determine if the triducer is bad?

Thanks,

Rick Segal
S/V Tessie Marie, Campbell River, BC
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-27-16, 12:48 PM
RE: Depth Reading error (i70 & a95 MFD)
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Rick,

Should the vessel be in water have a depth of at least 3' below the transdsucer and the depth of the water an heel of the vessel not exceed the operational range of the depht sounder, then the sounder should report depth correctly. The only related configuration settings are configuration of the i70 as the Depth Data Master, depth/keel offset, and units. Should these settings be properly configured and the vessel be in water of the depths stated in this response, then there may be a fault with either the transducer or iTC-5. Unfortunately, there is no resistance or other end user based test which may be performed other than to test the iTC-5 with another instrument depth transducer which was suspended over the side of the hull. Should the problem abate with the test transducer, then the currently installed transducer would need to be replaced. Alternatively, the iTC-5 may be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench tested/serviced.
05-27-16, 01:42 PM
Thanks, Chuck.

Is there a recommended transducer that I should get?

Rick
05-27-16, 01:53 PM
Rick,

You may want to contact Gemeco to obtain a replacement depth/speed/temp insert.
05-27-16, 01:57 PM
(05-27-16 01:53 PM)Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  Rick,

You may want to contact Gemeco to obtain a replacement depth/speed/temp insert.

On it, thanks.

Rick
05-31-16, 09:14 AM
You're welcome.