Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom 9 SW update failed
08-20-19, 09:04 AM (This post was last modified: 08-27-19 03:03 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom 9 SW update failed
I needed to update software on new Axiom 9s so the network would talk to the radio to display on MFD. I used house wifi internet the system downloaded the latest version but then failed to install. however later on the system stated it was installed even though it shows on the screen it is there to install. when I try to reinstall it states the system is out of memory or the system is full. So I don't know if I really have the SW version or not and I cannot use the radio, systems say radio not found. On the network I have all green lights. the version I was downloading was 3.10.42
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-27-19, 03:06 PM
RE: [CA11] Axiom 9 SW update failed
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum WhalerZ,

It is indeed possible to update an Axiom MFD via Wi-Fi. However, as Axiom MFDs feature much less internal memory than do the Axiom Pro and Axiom XL MFDs, the Axiom MFDs will temporarily store the downloaded software update file onto the microSD memory card within the MFD's memory card reader. This will require that the microSD memory card within the MFD's memory card reader have approx. 4GB of free memory. Accordingly, it would be recommended that any chart card within the Axiom MFD's memory card reader be removed and that it be replaced with a microSD memory card reader having at least 4GB of free memory available when performing a software update via Wi-Fi. Upon completion of the software update, then this microSD memory card may be replaced with one's chart card.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply