Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] I70s and axiom7 half second beepy noise and screen
08-25-19, 03:40 AM (This post was last modified: 08-27-19 07:29 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] I70s and axiom7 half second beepy noise and screen
Dear support team,

Yesterday I did a 7h regatta on a starry night and the life on board was very pleasant with admitedly too little wind to make things really interesting...
Unfortunately the noise of the gentle wake was constantly disturbed by the I70s every 30 seconds or so as it was complaining with a loud beep... and a screen which I couldn't read on board (too fast) but since I took a short video was able to figure out afterward.
I could determine it was due an a intermittant gps fix issue which always lasts less than a second and disappears without human intervention
The axiom is placed at the highest point of my sail boat with only a 1 cm fiberglass-foam-fiblerglass sandwich above it. (please see pictures) and the axiom itself isn't complaining a bit and works pretty well.

But for some reason the I70s makes those very annoying beepy complaints and I couldn't find an option to disable the sound or the screen to appear.

If you follow this link bellow you'll be able to see the screen at about 7 seconds in the video.
and a few picture of the axiom installation.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Lhc1EQ7vqoKb6iMM7

Looking forward for your answer.

p.s.: I had a usb stick in the port with logging constantly enabled if needed I can look if I have a log file.
Find all posts by this user
09-12-19, 04:40 AM
RE: [LW11] I70s and axiom7 half second beepy noise and screen
My experience is that the built in Axiom antenna is the source of your problem. All my GPS problems went away when I installed an external antenna.

In another application, the momentary loss of GPS signal disconnects the"following a route" function. Raymarine software could have solved this problem by requiring the GPS signal to be lost for several seconds before issuing a "loss of GPS signal" but hasn't done so to date.

Most, if not all, loss of GPS signal in my original system were under two seconds. Since external antenna was installed, none!
10-08-19, 03:21 AM
RE: [LW11] I70s and axiom7 half second beepy noise and screen
Dear sailshade,

Thank you for your post.

Can you confirm if you are using the internal GPS on the Axiom or an external GPS source?

What Software revision is your Axiom on? HOMESCREEN> SETTINGS> the revision of software will be listed underneath the Axiom description.

Can you also send a screenshot in of your alarms list, this can be found HOMESCREEN> ALARMS> HISTORY. You can send this to support.uk@raymarine.com

Many Thanks
Louise
Thread Closed