Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Interfacing Axiom Pro, Type 100 Course Computer
08-28-19, 09:09 PM (This post was last modified: 08-29-19 09:06 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Interfacing Axiom Pro, Type 100 Course Computer
Attached is a proposed diagram for my system upgrade. I am confused about how not to form a communication loop between the Seatalk bus, NMEA0183 and the Axiom Pro. Objectively, I am trying to maintain functionality of the autopilot if the Axiom Pro is turned off or instrumentation communication if the autopilot is disabled. Questions:

1. I am fine with initiating Track mode from the autopilot head. Should the autopilot be interfaced directly to the Axiom Pro via NMEA 0183 or is that a problem and/or unnecessary?

2. Can the ST60+ wind instrument function as a repeater and if so, do you recommend connection of the wind sensor to it or the ITC-5?

3. (different subject) can I connecdt my P319 sensor, previously for the dms300, with the Axiom Pro?

Attached File(s)
.pdf  Windswept Dreams Version 2.0b.pdf (Size: 142.79 KB / Downloads: 294)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-29-19, 09:20 AM
RE: [CA11] Interfacing Axiom Pro, Type 100 Course Computer
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Jack,

Q1. I am fine with initiating Track mode from the autopilot head. Should the autopilot be interfaced directly to the Axiom Pro via NMEA 0183 or is that a problem and/or unnecessary?
A1. As has been indicated within other threads involving integration of Type 100/300 autopilot course computers with current Raymarine products, a these course computers should not be interfaced to the system via a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng converter. Instead, the autopilot course computer may be interface to the MFD via NMEA 0183 communications. Accordingly, it would be recommended that your system diagram be modified to not show the SeaTalk connection from the ST60 Wind instrument to the ST6002 autopilot control head and that a bidirectional (if seeking heading data from the autopilot) 4800 BAUD NMEA 0183 communications path be shown between the autopilot's course computer and the MFD. The ST600x autopilot control head should be connected to the autopilot's SeaTalk port using all three leads within the SeaTalk Cable. Wind data will be received by the MFD from the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone and will in turn be transmitted to the autopilot.

Q2. Can the ST60+ wind instrument function as a repeater and if so, do you recommend connection of the wind sensor to it or the ITC-5?
A2. The ST60+ Wind instrument can indeed function as a wind repeater within the system. To do so, the wind transducer would need to be interfaced to the iTC-5 and would need to be calibrated via the i70S MFID.

Q3. (different subject) can I connecdt my P319 sensor, previously for the dms300, with the Axiom Pro?
A3. While this would be possible with an Axiom Pro RVX MFD, it would not be possible with an Axiom Pro S MFD. However, while not officially supported, we have seen and have had reported to us that the DSM30 and DSM300 should indeed support 50kHz and 200kHz fishfinder channels with MFDs running LightHouse 3 software.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply