Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] A60 chart plotter
09-05-19, 05:23 PM (This post was last modified: 09-11-19 11:22 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] A60 chart plotter
Hi, I have an A60 Chart Plotter.

The other day I used the MOB feature as I had lost some gear overboard.

The split screen came up and I have not been able to clear it using the wpts/mob button as described in the manual. Seems to be tracking now and even does so when a NOT FOLLOWING sign comes up.

Pretty frustrating and I want to be careful not to disrupt anything else. I'm at wits end and wonder if someone can straighten me out.

Thank's in advance, .. Lou
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-11-19, 11:31 AM
RE: [CA11] A60 chart plotter
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Lou,

Like all Raymarine chartplotting products having a MOB feature, the MOB feature of the A60/A65 displays is also cancelled by holding the WPT/MOB button pressed for seconds. Should the display's WPT/MOB button be operational and should the described action not cancel the MOB, then it is possible that the MFD is receiving looped MOB data from another device (ex. a third party VHF radio which has been interfaced to the display's NMEA 0183 port, etc.). The latter condition is typically corrected by unplugging the display's NMEA 0183 Cable and then switching all electronics OFF and then back ON again.

Should the scenario described above either not address the issue or not apply to your system, then it would be recommended that you attempt recovery of the system by performing a Factory Reset to the display. This is accomplished by switching the display off and then holding the display's left most function key down while powering up the display and through initialization. The display's screen to indicate that it will be performing a Factory Reset and provide a countdown. When the countdown has completed, then the left-most function key may be released.

NOTE: a Factory Reset operation will erase all waypoint, route, and track data stored within the display and will restore its settings to the factory default settings.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply