Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] LH 3 on es98
08-30-19, 01:11 AM (This post was last modified: 08-30-19 08:15 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] LH 3 on es98
I have had some issues with the touch screen on my eS98 for awhile (months) now. I had seen some mention that software can impact touch screen performance so I did an update to LH3 from LH2 today. As part of the update I did do a factory reset. There are still issues.

Overall, the touch function seems to work, but consistently the find ship button does NOT. This was also the case with LH2. I also find that the menu (three horizontal lines) touch button never works. The physical button does work, and from there I can also "find ship".

Back in LH2 when a menu was called the << did not work. The X did work. Not sure where this issue lies with the new LH3 install.

The attached screen shot shows some of my issues.

A never works.
B is a [censored] shoot intermittent success.
C Almost never works.
D Is this the item that is supposed to slide out or back by a touch sideways on the screen? Not sure how I got it to display, but a sideways swipe does NOT work. Nice function if it could be used.

I did do a screen alignment in LH2, but cannot find that function in LH3.

Lastly, I did make a couple of videos of the problems but since they are large, I'll give you links to my google drive as follows:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/1cnhiAPEpQwCTuNj9
https://photos.app.goo.gl/KQgnUDQ1cX8Bx9fc8

Thanks,
Robert

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-30-19, 08:18 AM (This post was last modified: 08-30-19 08:18 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] LH 3 on es98
Robert,

Thanks for the detailed problem description. We're sorry to learn of the reported issue. Based upon the symptoms reported, it would appear that the MFD has suffered a failure of its touchscreen, necessitating that the MFD be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply